Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crew Chief
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in north San Diego county, and I am planning on making around 800 or so ft/lbs by the time im done with my puller. Obviously im going to need my tranny built somewhere along the line. As for now, I have a brand spankin new stocker e4od from ford under warranty for another year. My question is, for anyone in the greater san diego area, what's a good place to get my tranny built to handle up to about 1000 ft/lbs without spending two nuts, a right thumb, and a knee-cap or two. Oceanside tranny quoted me like 3400 for a fully built, top of the line e4od with a custom built tc. I was also thinking about maybe having them put in a manual valve body so I can adapt a winters shifter in to a custom center console and work the tranny like a manual. That should work out well with a tc locker and an ebpv brake. Anyone have a glimmer of hope for my broke ace?

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
X3

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
X4

·
Crew Chief
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I realize that it's been a while since i posted this about tranny's but i completely forgot about my own thread! hah! Anyway, so woods is definitely going to be a better choice than oceanside trans? I know oside trans because they build alot of tranny's for offroad trucks, they are highly recommended, they have an awesome warranty plan, service locations all across the country, great customer service, and an exemplary performance record. But like I said, that's with offroad tranny's, not chit built for towing and big diesel twisters. Has anyone even heard of them? I'll definitely give a good look into woods too. thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Never heard of Oceanside Trans, and Oceanisde is only about 40 minutes south of me.

John Wood is your best choice. He specializes in the E4OD/4R100.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts