41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Fierro Racing
1,509 Posts
bought mine used and love it to death

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
We can't keep any on the road, can't wait to buy a dozen 'new' ones.

My personal truck, however, I LOVE! It has had it's share time in the shop but I really friggin' love this truck. Holy sh!t is it fast... considering how much has not been done to it. But still, I wouldn't take off across country in it. I leave that to the early bird, sure it's lacking in ride quality, a little loud inside and not as fast but I rest assured it will get me home. My '08, I don't trust so much.

my .02, probably should've saved it

·
Registered
935 Posts
Take it with a grain of salt...its stock
Bought in June, new. Now has 16,000. Pulled the TT to Maine and back. Has also been to South Carolina and back. No issues to speak of. Its makes a little oil, and it has the riding on the highway for awhile a it sputters when you nail it. These are known issues.

I love it and would drive it as far as i needed to.

John

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
drove mine 900 miles one way to drag race, made 10+ passes (couple 12.9 runs) and drove 900 miles home... cant ask for more!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
picked up mine in pe used for 17k gotta keeP looking on the net!! so far i like it 30,000 miles

·
Registered
22 Posts
i bought the kings ranch, trust me it is totally worth it. if you can buy used go for it,but i really like the smell of new leather.plus no one else has had their hand in it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If you plan on keeping it for a looong time buy one with a salvage history. I watched some repaired ccsb 6.4's go for $22-30k with less than 30k miles on insurance auctions..

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
I think I have had enough of the 6.0 "uh oh". It's running really good right now and before some other nightmare evolves with it I think I should let her go. I am thinking the time is right with the deals there offering.. What problems have you guy's had with your trucks? How does the twin turbo setup work?
Thanks in advance for your input.. After this one I swore I would never give Ford money again but the truth is I like the way the truck is built.
I am going to drive a Cummins and a Duramax just for the hell of it. I'm having a real hard time just knowing Ford and International ripped me off bigtime on this one.
Ford's credibilty with me sucks right now. I have to admit, It's going to take one hell of a deal for me give them my money again..
man i was in the SAME situation you were in a few months ago with a 6.0 and did alot of research. I can say it was an awesome desicion... 700 HP possible for me with warranty! a good dealer helps, but reliability is very high

stay with :ford:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Bought mine with 11,881 miles and it now has around 15,500.No problems at all except it's so nice I want to wash it every day!!:ford:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Still looking, haven't found the one I'm looking for yet.

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
I've have a 92, 96, 99, 00, 00, 02, 09. the 09 rides the best and i boughtit with .5 mile on it now has 10900 and runs like a scalded DOG! NEED I SAY MORE?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cracked cylinder heads? - Powerstroke Nation

I'm actually in the market for new truck as well. Finally getting rid of my 07 5.9 cummins, I just couldn't trust it at the HP level it was at. I'm still in between a 6.4 or an LMM. The above link makes me a little leary of the 6.4; which is the truck I was almost dead set on getting.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The local dealer has had me on his list if somthing came in.. He called me yesterday and said he had what I'm looking for.. An 08 F-350 6.4 CCLB XLT with 50K on it. It was traded in for a 6.7 on Thursday, he says it's in perfect condition.. What do you guys think a good price would be? I'm going to have a look Monday..

·
Never growing up
7 Posts
Love my truck. Great ride, good power, all the bells and whistles. I can tow my 5th wheel with no problems. With my gearing, 8mpg towing and 10.5mpg solo isn't the greatest. Wish the mileage was better, I'd drive it every day.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The local dealer has had me on his list if somthing came in.. He called me yesterday and said he had what I'm looking for.. An 08 F-350 6.4 CCLB XLT with 50K on it. It was traded in for a 6.7 on Thursday, he says it's in perfect condition.. What do you guys think a good price would be? I'm going to have a look Monday..
if its in way good shape, i dunno 27500 or so? not sure, ive had my 6.4 since new i now have over 40k and gives me hardly any grief its been tuned and dpf deleted for 20 k and its deffinetly a great investment, im runnin a "week" tune for the 6.4 and it still runs like crazy. ive ran against some pretty sweet trucks and she held her own:evil. i had the common rad leak, which was fixed with the tee, also blown a couple ic boots but pullin 45 psi what you expect. this last one after sprayin with hairspray has lasted 10k so yeah no trouble. i also tow quite a bit and heavy. used to make oil with the dpf but now not really just makes a lil. if you got any questions feel free to ask. and for sure stick with :ford:

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
A good price would be low 30s from what I've seen. Start bidding at like 27-28k...

41 - 58 of 58 Posts