Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just cruising around town yesterday about 20 mins after leaving my house i was leaving a stop light and at 20 mph i hear a BOOM clank clank:doh: I thought i was my drive shaft but when i looked down and the engine had shut off i knew something else was wrong. Stopped the truck and looked underneath and there was oil covering driver side of block. I had felt the truck vibrating pretty noticably that day just didnt pay too much attention. Needless to say the truck wont crank now, im pretty bummed out. Tech seems to think i broke a rod. Im glad it happened to me though, i had it for sale i would have hated to sell it to someone and it break the next day!

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
sorry to hear that man

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is on my singlecab there was no puking or any symptoms something was going to happen other than the vibration

·
Registered
210 Posts
Time to go to the darkside.....12v time!!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I had something similar happen on my 4wd, I had it for sale, and I turned down an offer, then a month later the motor was needing major repair. I was so glad it didn't sell, and now I am happy I still have it.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Dude, not cool.

That was definitely a low 11 second truck too.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you should buy it marty! Ya its a bummer but someone will be getting a heck of a deal on a kick a$$ truck

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
bring her back to elkton eh? LOL

·
Registered
772 Posts
when was the vibration? mine started doing a wierd vibration when accelarating today...for about a second or so then smoothed out. Im hoping it is the transmission and not the same problem that you had

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so how common is it to break a rod in a 6 l? what are the causes and what else could be have happened other than rod?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I bet the speedometer won't be slow!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
when was the vibration? mine started doing a wierd vibration when accelarating today...for about a second or so then smoothed out. Im hoping it is the transmission and not the same problem that you had
have you checked u your drivelines? hopefully its just that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts