Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a nother SCT. Looking to do custom tunes on this one.
Im mainly looking for an extreme race tune.

Whos tunes make the most power and smoke?

River city diesel told me they could give me 170RWHP

Truck has a full EGR delete, Intake, 5" all the way back, fuel system, and an Oil bypass. FICM is getting a power hungry tune next month. My dad is doing my studs for graduation in may. and getting stage 1s in june.

looking to make this truck run 14 flat. looking to make 500-520

honest opinions are appreciated

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts

Truck has a full EGR delete, Intake, 5" all the way back, fuel system, and an Oil bypass. FICM is getting a power hungry tune next month. My dad is doing my studs for graduation in may. and getting stage 1s in june.

170Hp tune right wonder what limits they are gonna push. Also you probably dont have a 5inch all the way back just to correct that. Cause you cant fit a 5inch down pipe in there the 4inch barely fits.

Stage 1 what ? Your gonna need a turbo up grade, injectors, probably a trans a little while down the road.

Honestly you want a tune pm me i'll tell you there. Not gonna say anything open here.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I am also curious... I've been wondering about RCD's tunes. RCD has been pretty good to me so far...

·
Registered
151 Posts
just a thought but why not wait to do the studs when you have the injectors. Do both at the same time and save some work?

as far as the tunes go, i have never run RCD's stuff, but i have been really happy with my race file from quick tricks. Maybe some other guys can comment on whether you can safely add 175hp to a stock motor with just tuning. at the least, I would think before too long you will be needing a new tranny

·
Registered
3,389 Posts

my girlfriend has elites insanity on her crew cab long bed and it can run 14 flat all day. 500 to 550 aint happening but you only need around 370 to run a 14 flat.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
dont worry about your trans as long as you have a custom tuner on it with good tunes the trans should last awhile. i was running mid 12s on 35s constantly and my trans held untill my twins. thats runnin 630hp everyday. tuning is key.

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dont worry about your trans as long as you have a custom tuner on it with good tunes the trans should last awhile. i was running mid 12s on 35s constantly and my trans held untill my twins. thats runnin 630hp everyday. tuning is key.
I was just going to throw a deeper trans pan on and try to stack an additional trans cooler on, and see how it holds up.

·
Its a wild ride...
560 Posts
Pretty much all the most reputable tuners are going to be similar in power on their race files... Similar meaning within 10-20 hp difference in my experience. You might be better off trying to figure out who has a good reputation for their customer service after the sale. Personally I've had good luck with Innovative as well as DJ's back when they were in business (now known as quick tricks). I plan on trying out some of Matt's (gearheads) tunes in the near future too, as soon as the snow and ice around here is gone and I can play with the truck a bit. There are other good tuners out there, but I only have direct experience with two for now.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I was just going to throw a deeper trans pan on and try to stack an additional trans cooler on, and see how it holds up.
well if you never ran custom tunes that was your problem. i wouldnt waste the money on a trans cooler or even a pan. once you get good trans tuning you wont see over 150 most of the time.

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well if you never ran custom tunes that was your problem. i wouldnt waste the money on a trans cooler or even a pan. once you get good trans tuning you wont see over 150 most of the time.
Who has good trans tuning? I would be very happy with a 500hp truck. my friend is a tech at ford and told me a torque shift is good for 1100 ftlbs of tq

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
I agree with this guy chase, good tuning is key mine and your trannies are fairly similar and mine is doin pretty good.

and that tech is probably right on handling that much torque but with crappy tuning it doesnt really matter.

After you get all this done we will go run at RMR :evil

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Who has good trans tuning? I would be very happy with a 500hp truck. my friend is a tech at ford and told me a torque shift is good for 1100 ftlbs of tq
eric at innovative or tadd at elite. it seemed like tadds actually held up better when i was racing with my stock trans. matt is good to but i havent tried his personally.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.