Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the scrap yard with a bedload of junk and got my truck weighed out.

its a 97 f-250 long box single cab XL 4x4 5 speed with the dana 60 front axle, a tool box in the bed, and the rest of the mods in my sig. also, some slightly oversized tires on aluminum wheels. i also have no spare tire

with me and my buddy standing on the scale it was 6340 with both tanks just under half full. the glove box is full lol some stuff behind the seat and some basic recovery gear and junk in the tool box.

so im lookin at truck wieght of JUST over 6000 lbs and 6200 lbs with me in it!

geez, i thought diesels were supposed to be heavy haha! i know my buddies 08 is pushin 8000lbs easy. so it looks like the older trucks have a pretty serious advantage over the newer superduty's when it comes to power/wieght ratios

I just figured I'd let you guys know....these OBS rigs are pretty light haha

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
i went to the scrap yard with a bedload of junk and got my truck weighed out.

its a 97 f-250 long box single cab XL 4x4 5 speed with the dana 60 front axle, a tool box in the bed, and the rest of the mods in my sig. also, some slightly oversized tires on aluminum wheels. i also have no spare tire

with me and my buddy standing on the scale it was 6340 with both tanks just under half full. the glove box is full lol some stuff behind the seat and some basic recovery gear and junk in the tool box.

so im lookin at truck wieght of JUST over 6000 lbs and 6200 lbs with me in it!

geez, i thought diesels were supposed to be heavy haha! i know my buddies 08 is pushin 8000lbs easy. so it looks like the older trucks have a pretty serious advantage over the newer superduty's when it comes to power/wieght ratios

I just figured I'd let you guys know....these OBS rigs are pretty light haha
Not to sound like a A$$ but alot of people already knew that the obs trucks are lighter.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to sound like a A$$ but alot of people already knew that the obs trucks are lighter.
well, yeah. everyone knows their lighter, but i mean this things almost dippin down into the 5k lbs area.

thats pretty light figuring the motor alone is 1100 lbs easily

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
my super cab long box wieghs 6800 with just me in it and a half tank of fuel.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 97 crew cab long box 4wd weighs 6990 with about a shot glass worth of fuel no driver.

I had to get it weighed to register it in California, I pay $389 each year to drive it here....:doh:

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
FWIW, you can't trust the scales at the scrapyards. They may or may not be calibrated. They don't care about determining how much something weighs, only the difference between a full truck and an empty one.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I was going to say the same thing about a scrap yard scale cause I know when I took some stuff there it said I had 1500 lbs of stuff and I would have been better off to just pay the flat rate 12 dollar fee but I didnt have much so I figured I would just do the weighing...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i guess ill have to go the pulls this year and weigh my truck in there. shoot, i could load my bed down with a ton weight since i'd be in the 8k lb class haha

too bad they dont let you hang weight off the front

·
just learning...
180 Posts
my Single cab dually with custom steel flatbed, underbed toolbox, and random cab tools weighs over 7600 with both tank full:doh:

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
My crew cab shorty 4x4 with ranch hands front rear and a ranch hand head ache rack weighs 7875 with my 15 sandwich eaten arse in it and a litle over a 1/4 tank of fuel.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
my super cab long box wieghs 6800 with just me in it and a half tank of fuel.
:whs:
My crew cab shorty 4x4 with ranch hands front rear and a ranch hand head ache rack weighs 7875 with my 15 sandwich eaten arse in it and a litle over a 1/4 tank of fuel.
holy crap thats about a 1000lbs of bumpers and headache rack!!!!!

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
:whs:

holy crap thats about a 1000lbs of bumpers and headache rack!!!!!
I am starting to wonder if HRP scales were off !! I just had the front bumper off it is a heavy bastard for one person !!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
FWIW, you can't trust the scales at the scrapyards. They may or may not be calibrated. They don't care about determining how much something weighs, only the difference between a full truck and an empty one.
Sorry, but the above statement is BS, the salvage yard scales that are used for commerce I.E. "buy or sell something" have calibration certification from the department of whoever checks the gas pumps in your state for accuracy.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Sorry, but the above statement is BS, the salvage yard scales that are used for commerce I.E. "buy or sell something" have calibration certification from the department of whoever checks the gas pumps in your state for accuracy.
I was going to say the same thing.:doh: Weights and measures has to come check the scales on a regular basis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mines a box stock - bought it new - 1995 powerstoke with heavy duty camper springs, a 5 speed stick, and 410 rear end with posi. Standard twin fuel tanks. Power front seat on the driver side and standard on the other.
With one fuel tank full and the other half full and only myself in the cab (190 lbs) it weights exactly 6560 lbs.
just weighted it - rScotty

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Mines a box stock - bought it new - 1995 powerstoke with heavy duty camper springs, a 5 speed stick, and 410 rear end with posi. Standard twin fuel tanks. Power front seat on the driver side and standard on the other.
With one fuel tank full and the other half full and only myself in the cab (190 lbs) it weights exactly 6560 lbs.
just weighted it - rScotty
what cab? what box?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts