Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its for a speed control deactivation switch.... says a fire can occur even with no key in ignition... anyone get this done yet?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
This recall has been going on for years now. It is a 15 minute fix at the dealer. All they will do is replace the wiring harness with one with a couple of fuses in it and check the actual switch for a leak. If it is leaking they will also replace the switch.

The plus side is that is all that they will do to your truck, the downside to it is if you don't have it done and if your truck catches on fire (very unlikely) then your insurance may not cover the truck.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Isn't this the same thing ford has been doing for years? When I had my 2002, they had me bring it in to replace the cps and some under hood harness that I thought was something to do with cruise...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Yep, same recall. Some owners are so anti dealer that they will never go in for a free fix even if they got paid for it. That is why some recalls are still out there. I have a friend that purchased a 96 last year and it still had the stock air box lid on it and that recall came out in 97.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I have a friend that purchased a 96 last year and it still had the stock air box lid on it and that recall came out in 97.
Not all recalls are the same though. The airbox for example, was only free up until a certain date. If it weren't for these forums I would have never found out about it as a letter about it wasn't received. When I did read about it, it was too late for free replacement with the updated lid.

It's only the safety recalls that don't have an expiration on them, like this cruise control switch and the CPS recall. I haven't taken mine in for either and have been getting letters on them for several years. Just haven't taken the time to take it to the dealer, which is never convenient.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would do it, will it catch fire? probably not.......peace of mind I guess. I took mine in for it a couple years ago. Took em 5 minutes. Nothing to it. Just for what it's worth I do know a guy that had a 95 f150 (not sure if they're the same wiring or not) but it caught fire mysteriously at the lake one day...........said it was fine when he shut it off, comes back and they're spraying it down with water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.