Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss snow plow web site says ford does not recomend plowing with 04 F250 6.0psd. Does anyone plow with one? I know the plow uses alot of power and burned stock altinators on my 95 chevy, til i went with a high amp heavy duty one.
Thanks

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
put front airbags in it and forget about it...suspension wise that is

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
i know a bunch of people that plow with their trucks.... these are the best trucks for plowing, beefiest front end on the market in the big 3. No need for front end airbags.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Snow plow fan clutches
4C3Z-8A616-SA 6.0L
8C3Z-8A616-A 6.4L

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I don't know but I've seen a number of 6.0 trucks with plow attachments. To me it is not making sense, Ford manuals do not recommend adding a snow plow but Ford sells a fan clutch specifically made for the 6.0 truck with a snow plow on the front. Sure don't put a blade on that weights as much as the whole truck but a lighter composite or aluminum one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IIRC the plow I have weighs around 850, it was on my 95 chevy 3/4 ton. The only plowing I do is my drive and when the road crew dont get to my rd for a couple of days. Last year it was 5 days my wife was snowed in, due to me working out of town and her knowing how to hook up plow. So 200 yards of drive and 3/4 mile of dead end rd, that we are the only house on, is all the plowing I do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts