Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck (in my sig) smokes to much for me. I hate getting on it and waiting for my turbo to spool up and smoking out two lanes. Maybe I'm to heavy footed? I want to change my turbo to clean this garbage up. I want to stay with stock injectors. What are your suggestions for a turbo? Wide open ipthere is a thick haze behind me and I'm not liking it. Thank for the help ahead of time!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't see in your sig that you have egr delete installed. Intake could be pluging up with soot causing less airflow especially at rear cylinders causing excess smoke. Mine smokes with x street and srl but not a solid cloud..

·
matt
911 Posts
:whs: what are your egt's?
I don't see in your sig that you have egr delete installed. Intake could be pluging up with soot causing less airflow especially at rear cylinders causing excess smoke. Mine smokes with x street and srl but not a solid cloud..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cruise at 65 in 5th gear at about 550. Wide open I maybe hit 1100 much very rarely. And I don't have a egr delete. Want to do that with my studs but don't have the money. Just clean my egr valve maybe?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and my stack throw similar mgeistman's profile pic. That normal for stock injectors?

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can try cleaning the egr valve or atleast take a look at it. what kind of boost numbers are you running? with your mods unless you are really lugging it down(manual trans) shouldnt smoke like mgeistman profile pic.

·
Registered
571 Posts
What tune are you running, on a wot what are egts and boost? Have you emailed Eric about it? I'm sure he can help you with the tune.
I've been hearing great things about the durastroke turbos.

·
Registered
45 Posts
:whs: that my next goodie buy the stage 2

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wot I'm 33psi and sometimes loaded I can peak 36. My egts are about 1100 or a bit Less. I forgot all about the guy that wrote my tunes :doh: I will ask him if I can't get it figured out myself this weekend.

·
Registered
281 Posts
EGR could be it. Mine smoked like a pig before the delete. Now it just puffs a little when I get on it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I pulled it and it really wasn't that bad. Looked like it had oil on it tho.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that from the ccv?

·
Registered
32 Posts
CCV reroute may help a bit, I don't know if it would completely clear it up though. Mine smokes too and I don't care for it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wish my stock turbo would hit them numbers.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
36 psi of boost.
When I had a stock turbo highest number I ever hit was 32.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yeah idk why I have those numbers. I also put down 428 rwhp and 760tq on the dyno and people said that was high for a stock 6.0

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not a sct tuned truck. Most tuners will claim the 420 Hp.
Now it's your 1100* egt that has me questioning things...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts