Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really wanting to smoke the inside of my headlights..I know it will look so good, but I am not capable of doing them myself. Anyone here interested in doing mine for me, not for free or anything or do you know of someone who can do it that's really good at it? Let me know I would be interested.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Any tint shop can lay a real thick high quality film over the headlights(outside)....it's kinda like a wrap...but it's tint.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
You want a Harley type light then ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Unless it is lack of an oven or something along those lines, you can definitely do it.

I just did my 08 lights 2 weekends ago:

If I can do it a trained monkey can do it.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Yeah its really not bad at all to do. Just takes some time and patience. Ive done two sets of them now

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You want a Harley type light then ?
correct, but they are not available in the 2011's

Unless it is lack of an oven or something along those lines, you can definitely do it.

I just did my 08 lights 2 weekends ago:

If I can do it a trained monkey can do it.
I have an oven, but I just dont want to do it myself.

Yeah its really not bad at all to do. Just takes some time and patience. Ive done two sets of them now
Wanna make it a 3rd?

If you want the inside done like the Harley, I believe there is a right up on it here for the 6.4L I think on electronics/lighting forum.

Here it is:

My Paint Matched headlights progress - Powerstroke Nation, IIRC its derrick's ^^^
Thanks.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Any idea if those look any more difficult to take apart compared to the 6.4s?

And would you be sending the set off your truck so the truck would be down until they are done?

Reason I ask that is becuase Id have to work on them after work and some days Im working from 8-8 so I wouldnt want you to be without your truck for a while cuase its taking me more time to get them done

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea if those look any more difficult to take apart compared to the 6.4s?

And would you be sending the set off your truck so the truck would be down until they are done?

Reason I ask that is becuase Id have to work on them after work and some days Im working from 8-8 so I wouldnt want you to be without your truck for a while cuase its taking me more time to get them done
I cannot say 100%, but after seeing them side by side, I would say it probably about the same.

I am thinking about buying a core set, then if there is anyone else that may want some, I will send you a second set to do..just thinking though.

PM me with your thoughts.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i sure you would want it to be local, correct?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
I cannot say 100%, but after seeing them side by side, I would say it probably about the same.

I am thinking about buying a core set, then if there is anyone else that may want some, I will send you a second set to do..just thinking though.

PM me with your thoughts.
Sending a PM now...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts