ImageUploadedByAutoguide1319330596.345529.jpg
The camera flashed in this pic so that's why it looks a bit different
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1319330650.589992.jpg

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered that automotive clear coat from a website. The dupli color clear coat that I have read about people using just did not come out glossy enough. I would recommend the stuff you see in the pic

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Nice, I bought a set just for the fact some of the cops around here have nothing better to do and I can throw my stocks on to show them I'm in compliance for a day.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice truck! Really sets the black truck off. Did you smoke the side mirror lenses as well? Those were the first lenses I tried to smoke and ended up screwing them up. So I ended up just buying the recon ones

·
Registered
323 Posts
Very nice, cant wait to see them on the truck... Ive been thinking about doing my 3rd brake light for a while. I dont want to do my tails because I plan on tinting my windows 5% and not only will that draw enough attention from the police but backing up at night is a pain, esp if your reverse lights are ... I want to get LED reverse and cargo lights

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice, cant wait to see them on the truck... Ive been thinking about doing my 3rd brake light for a while. I dont want to do my tails because I plan on tinting my windows 5% and not only will that draw enough attention from the police but backing up at night is a pain, esp if your reverse lights are ... I want to get LED reverse and cargo lights
i did this on mine and it didnt really seem to effect the reverse lights that much. just sayin.

·
DUTY
132 Posts
when i did mine i taped off the reverse part and did the rest of the light black...i think it looks awesome!
unfortunately the only photo i have showing them is in b and w

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about taping off the reverse lights but after looking at a few photos I decided to paint the whole light.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Those are the recon smoked mirrors. My reverse light is a little lighter, but it still sucks to see backing up. I put in the LED bulbs from retro solutions and it helped out a good bit and would highly recommend them with smoked tails.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1319389623.898046.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1319389735.679619.jpg

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Yea I just redid mine last night. make sure u clear coat them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did three coats of clear

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
any issues with run spots? my boss did the mirror lenses and they had run spots he said its really thin paint. just wondering if its hard to paint

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
i did em on my 6.0 too skeered to on this truck. sometimes its sketchy and doesnt look the best. LOL but everyones on here turned out great!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is pretty tricky. I tried the mirror lenses first and pretty much ruined them. You have to be decent with a paint can I guess. Just do even coats and you will be fine.

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
lol i just havent done it. ive done several sets. it just blows my mind how sometimes it screws up, and sometimes not. like fish eyes, or doesnt hold

1 - 20 of 30 Posts