Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scuffed them, used VHT night shades, and put down some heavy coats of clear. Wet sanded, used 3M buffing compound, and then Meguiars clear plastic polish. This is the first time I have attempted anything like this, so I am pretty happy with the results Pics aren't the best, and I should have a comparison pic tonight. The guy that parks next to me has stock tailight for comparison:D
I do have to admit I was a little leary of wet sanding, but it turned out pretty good, I had a pretty good reflection in them when I was finished buffing/polishing.

Yeah I know it's already dirty:blah::D

Powerstrokenation! Third brake light.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
very nice, I gotta get this done at some point. Where did you order the Nightshade from?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very nice, I gotta get this done at some point. Where did you order the Nightshade from?
I went all over town trying to find it, no one had it. I ended up getting it from
tcpglobal. com

I think you can have autozone, or o'riellys order it in for you.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I went all over town trying to find it, no one had it. I ended up getting it from
tcpglobal. com

I think you can have autozone, or o'riellys order it in for you.
cool, I might have to check that out tomorrow. If not I'll just get it online from that place. Should be a good little winter project.

I might have to pick your brain down the road on the process you used to finish them.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I just wet sanded mine until I liked the way they looked, then I polished them with a light compound, then waxed them. I didn't clear them, but I probably should have.... I gotta do them again anyway since somehow I got a scratch down my bed and into the light... I'll post pics when I get a chance.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres a comparison pic. I think it was a little too bright when I took the pic, because there is a more noticable difference in person.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks good sleeper. I wanted to still be able to see the red on mine so I went lighter. I just wanted a deep, I've been calling it dragons blood red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts