1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Smoke switch...:doh:

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
you may want to do a search for smoke-- then you'll see how most on here don't think thats so cool

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
as others are saying, heed the friendly warning and do some searching on it.

Very touchy subject, basically most feel obnoxious amounts of smoke are only hurting the sport and industry of hot rod diesels and giving us a black eye.

At the same time though, adding the switch purely for the change in idle sound would be worth it, sound difference is awesome, but the smoke part is no good.

oh and :welcome: to PSN

·
Registered
213 Posts
get a trashbag and put it around your air filter and turn your wipers on:poke:

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
:badidea: smoke switch = problems

·
Registered
462 Posts
Why dont someone just answer his question, if i knew how i would already have. Half the post in here are saying how bad the idea is, is this how you guys get your post count so high?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Why dont someone just answer his question, if i knew how i would already have. Half the post in here are saying how bad the idea is, is this how you guys get your post count so high?
:whs: I'm with you!! If i knew the answer i would have helped...

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
same thing they both said.....every time someone posts a ? that other people think is stupid they just criticize him.i know its not a good way to advertise our diesels but if he wants to blow smoke everywhere or do harm to his own truck let him.he pays the bills for it.i dont know how to make a smoke switch or i would tell ya.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Actually 2 people posted how to find the information. "search" will give you multiple links to threads that tell you how to do it. Why go through giving the info again, when it already exists. Is it the long-standing members' responsibility to re-post stuff that has been covered because someone is lazy?

:shrug: J/W?

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
the reason why members are jumping his case is because this is something that many people think is "power" or "cool" instead this is one of the things that is going to be putting an end to a great sport and one of MY and many others hobbies. save the smoke for the track if you really want it. smoking on the street and having a switch to trash your turbo etc. is your business but others are going to get on you because they dont want their sport to go away because people are uneducated.

use the search tool at the top. like said above

6.0 smoke switch - Powerstroke Nation took me less than a minute. all i typed in was smoke switch.

·
Registered
462 Posts
To all of you who think it is that easy to find something about a smoke switch thread before. Like the one posted upbove there is like 4 pages of post and only 1-3 useful post. But they still have no write up's on how to install a smoke switch on a 6.0.

I to have been wondering how to do it. A guy on youtube told me you have to splice a wire that goes into your turbo. Not sure what one it is.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Just get a custom tuned SCT with a smoke setting. When you don't want smoke you can set in on some powa tune that you can go spank some ricers in.

Read the quote in my sig, it's as close to the truth as you can get.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
there are way more dodge guys out there than fords that are blowing smoke at every intersection they come to.if i were trying to persuade people into not doing it then start with them.just a thought.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
there are way more dodge guys out there than fords that are blowing smoke at every intersection they come to.if i were trying to persuade people into not doing it then start with them.just a thought.
Go to other serious competition forums other than this one and post smoke switch and see what you get. Many other brands feel the same way as the first posters do. Smoke at the track with serious power, otherwise you're ruining the new sport.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts