Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my 2-3 shift is sloppy, almost like a shift flare. Anyone else notice this? It's on the 310 low response tune. Doesn't happen all the time tho. Does reloading the tune help? Thanks.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
mine does it too, usually if i go from driving hard to driving nice, or vice versa.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Does it happen before the converter locks up?

·
Registered
390 Posts
mine does it too on the 310 mild

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i notice it around 45, right before converter locks...seems like the TCM trys to shift and lock at the same time? it does a slight bucking, its only happend 3 times and only while city driving.
the 2-3 also seems like it stretches to 3000 or a bit more before shifting?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I believe the 2-3 shift is the only shift that uses a band in the trans for that shift it always feels a little different more noticible on the bigger tunes tho.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has been happening to me everyday with the 310 low response. It will shift fine until its warmed up:confused: After getting off the freeway it will start the 2-3 shift flare between stop lights.

But if you put your foot into it it obviously shifts nice and firm but the poor people behind youLOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you were to put a spartan tcm in would it fix it?
Im running the spartan tcm. Have done the relearn process a couple of times now. NO DICE !:doh:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I feel the same 2-3 shift on the 310 and SCT from Eric. It only does it if I am very light on the trottle and barely accelerating. Any other time unnoticable.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Nice to know it's a common thing. Mines the same, only does it under light throttle sometimes.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
well at least I kind of know why it is doing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts