Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at adding just a little extra sound to the stereo in my 05' F250. I've thought about getting something like this.....just a small low profile powered sub that would fit under or behind the back seat. Anyone tried one of these? Junk? Decent?

·
Native Texan
9,071 Posts
I have done a lot of car audio in my past built boxes for subs. And have never seen anything with that small a box that can sound right. I have built boxes to fit into areas but u still need the right volume for the sub whether it is port or not. I would differently make sure its returnable before buying it.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done a lot of car audio in my past built boxes for subs. And have never seen anything with that small a box that can sound right. I have built boxes to fit into areas but u still need the right volume for the sub whether it is port or not. I would differently make sure its returnable before buying it.

Yep, I agree....that's what I was asking. I don't really expect it to "hit hard", but if it adds a little base to make a fuller sound...I will be happy. I know that technology has really taken some leaps and bounds on those powered subs, but when you combine a powered sub AND making it thing and small, I'm not expecting much.

Thanks for the info!

·
Native Texan
9,071 Posts
Yep, I agree....that's what I was asking. I don't really expect it to "hit hard", but if it adds a little base to make a fuller sound...I will be happy. I know that technology has really taken some leaps and bounds on those powered subs, but when you combine a powered sub AND making it thing and small, I'm not expecting much.

Thanks for the info!
Well if u do go ahead let us know how it does. I would love to be wrong. I mean my truck has a 500 watt amp and a 10 inch sub and it takes a ton of room but I also have really good sound from it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Crutchfield has powered subs on sale and they'll take them back if you're not happy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow you're really not happy with your new speakers lol!
by the way, i love your threads @IQRaceworks
Ha! Well, I haven't even installed those new Infinity speakers I swapped out for those crummy Pioneer ones.....it's too cold out in the shop! I figured that if they sounded good (I'm sure they will), the next step would be to add a small subwoofer. We'll see what happens :laugh:

Reactions: Turd-250

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed a Kicker 11HS8 Hideaway Compact 8" Powered Sub Box under my back seat. It comes with a wired remote to control it's output. My wife hates bass and she is with me most of the time. When she is not in the truck I get to crank it up and enjoy my music at higher levels. For the price, ease of installation and small space it takes up, I'm pleased. It is a powered 8" sub woofer so you can't expect earth moving bass. If you want just a bit more thump in your truck then this works well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts