Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I posted before that my truck was acting stupid when I towed my boss' 30' Montana, no lights with a dead battery. Then when we charged the battery, I had brakes, brake lights, and turns, no tails. AND every time I hit the brakes, the information screen would chime, and say "Trailer disconnected" !
Well, I KNOW it's not my truck now, it worked fine with another trailer yesterday. While coming home from NC yesterday, I saw a 6.0 hood up, and steam pouring, along the road on the first 5% grade coming up I-77. Traffic was fairly heavy, I couldn't stop fast enough, not many exits there either. I told the wife, "Man, wish I could help him" she said turn around, and go back. (I DIDN'T WANT her pissed or frustrated for the whole 13 hour ride! LOL) I said, man, we'll loose an hour,,, she told me to do what the "Lord lead me to",,, so I was compelled to make the next exit, go back another exit and pull up in front of them. They were all sleeping by then, he had just put water in it. I asked them if I could help in anyway, (Three brothers, who had just went down to move one's daughter back to Ohio) They had a car, and all her personal belongings in a 28' enclosed trailer.
He told me the truck had a blown head gasket, he knew this already and still went down to do it. They were also Christians, and had just prayed for a way to get the truck home, faster than they were going to. (Stopping every 5 miles in the mountains) They figured if they had to do that it would take them 24 hours to do what should take 14) His truck pulled the trailer empty fine, only used a couple gallons of water the whole trip. Loaded however, the first grade it did NOT LIKE IT! :)duh:) So, I offered to pull it, but then realized, I have the 2.5" receiver, he had 2", I did NOT have a 2 5/16" ball with me. I told them I could pull it to a place for them to stop. But after talking they were going the same way I was for another 200 miles or so. I said, if we can find a ball, I'll pull it all that way for you. Their truck ran fine empty. (Only used a couple gallons that distance)
They only had another 1.5 hours or so from Huntington, Va. where I dropped the trailer off and they went on their way.
We lost nearly 2.5 hours finding a ball, (NOTHING up there in the mountains! LOL) Finally back tracked to Mt. Arie, NC. And found a TSC.

I am not posting this looking for "Kudo's or a pat on the back" Just to let you all know, the LORD works in wonderful ways... and it feels good to have him use YOU to do it in such a direct way.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I am not posting this looking for "Kudo's or a pat on the back" Just to let you all know, the LORD works in wonderful ways... and it feels good to have him use YOU to do it in such a direct way.
Thats awesome, well done good and faithful servant. Sure would be a better world if there were more people out there willing to go out of their way to help out others in need. Its amazing how things work out when we give up on our thoughts and just follow that voice.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Man that is a very cool story. Thanks for posting. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that does stuff like this. Lol

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
His 6L was not a "Turd" one, he has only had three issues with it, an injector went bad at 97,000, he talked the dealer into replacing all 8, a cracked intercooler, and this, it has 265,000 miles on it! Original torqueshift trans too! As we were talking I said, wow, well they say you either got a good one , or a bad one with those,,, I would say yours was a good one!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Good story I'm glad to here that there are still some decent people out there willing to go out of there way to help people.

·
Registered
352 Posts
His 6L was not a "Turd" one, he has only had three issues with it, an injector went bad at 97,000, he talked the dealer into replacing all 8, a cracked intercooler, and this, it has 265,000 miles on it! Original torqueshift trans too! As we were talking I said, wow, well they say you either got a good one , or a bad one with those,,, I would say yours was a good one!
Wow. I didn't know a 6.0 could run that long for that cheap :D

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Wow. I didn't know a 6.0 could run that long for that cheap :D
Got a cousin that put almost 300k on his with very few problems. Built in the middle of the week I guess.:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Got a cousin that put almost 300k on his with very few problems. Built in the middle of the week I guess.:D
hahahahaha so true. I'm currently working liaison engineering and I get the craziest question from the weekend shift. It just leaves me scratching my head saying "Really!" I had one that I spent 30 mins finding data sheets, building a cross reference table and explaining how to connect stuff, and if everything doesn't match you were given the wrong part, which is not my problem. I sent it to the supervisor and the installer. The next Friday afternoon I got a call asking me to come down and explain it. Sure enough the supervisor hadn't even looked at my email. The supervisor was firing all sorts of questions at me and saying the engineering was wrong and :blah: I looked at the cable and immediately said "according to everything I sent you, thats the wrong part and from my email, its not my problem". the Sup. just stood there. I seriously wonder how some people have lived as long as they have

·
Joined cracked block club
289 Posts
My all time favorite line from any and all movies is from Blues Brothers " The Lord works in mysterious ways ". Last month I stopped to pull a Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup w/ single axle trailer out of the ditch in 18" - 24" snow. There was already a guy with his Dodge 4x4 there trying to get him out but was only getting him stuck worse. I had a ton of coal in the box & was tipping the scale just over 9k lbs. I didn't even know the Chevy was hooked up, it pulled out that easy. It's amazing what good tires & a heavy truck can do. If I would have had more time this morning I could have pulled out 4 more vehicles from the ditch on my 12 mile drive into work.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got really lucky one time I was driving an 07 f350 v10 and took off across a 4 lane (no exits in nd apparently) and got across the first two lanes going east slowed down really quick to wait for a few vehicles while my 35 ft trailer hung out behind me halfway in the highway blocking one lane of traffic.

Well when i took off after traffic cleared I snapped the yoke right off my rear end and locked up the gears back there. I tried and tried doing a burn out in 4 wheel with my front wheels rollin but I could not drag my fat ass across.

Luckily an old cummins truck stopped and he hooked up to my trailer and my buddy who I was screaming at mercilessly pulled my truck, trailer free, rear end hoppin, across the highway. Got out alive and thanked the young guy in the cummins for taking my trailer to my shop about a half mile away... ####ty day that was.

A large loader at a near by shop was helpful getting the 350 to the shop, he came and picked up the rear end with a chain hooked up to the reciever hitch and pushed me the rest of the way, two she####s showed up and basically did this... :pointlaugh:
-
EDIT! BEST PART OF THE STORY! when that truck got fixed first day back at work I was turning left and got T-boned at 70 mph by a passing f 450... 4 guys in my truck no one seriously hurt built ford tough I'd say. Moral of the story dont let me drive?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts