Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I tried to replace my o rings on my pedestal. I got all the way to taking the turbo off, and the bolts holding it down didn't want to budge. I sprayed them down and waited a day. Next day, I tried again with no luck. I probably could have gotten them loose, but being at school 3 hrs from my home, I didn't want to try my luck and end up breaking a bolt. Next time I'm home, I will take my chances since I can get parts and favors a lot easier there.

So I reassembled everything, but now I get a shudder at idle every once in a while. It doesn't change idle much if any on the rpms, but it sounds like a tire scrubbing. The only thing I noticed is that my downpipe is close to my rear hanger on the front passenger spring. I don't think that is my problem, but I figured it was worth mentioning. Everything else is fine when driving.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
What kind of a shutter? Like a misfire, or like two pieces of metal coming into contact?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor seems to be running fine. I can feel a slight vibration in the floorboard, and it's a hard noise to describe. I'll try to listen for a better description, but the best I have right now is similar to a mud tire scrubbing on the leafsprings, bumper, etc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got to pay more attention to it today. It only does it when I apply brakes like at a light. I can put it in drive, and it will stop. The best way to describe it is as tire scrub. duh-duh-duh-duh-duh It doesn't have a high pitch at all. If anything, I can feel it more than hear it.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Do you have an auto or manual? Sounds like it could be either something to do with the brakes, or trans from what you said.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Auto. I'm just wondering what I could have done that started it. It didn't make the noise until this past weekend when I took it down to get at the turbo.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
any mods? is it the idle jumping kinda like its cammed for a couple seconds after starting and or returning to idle? i know mine did that and i found that reprogramming my truck took care of it maybe try reprogramming if you have a programmer or if you have a chip maybe disconnect it and then put it back in.:shrug:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has DP Tunes, Bean's Stage I Injectors, Built Trans with Suncoast parts and PI Triple Disk, HTT Journal Bearing Turbo, DI Regulated Return. It has some other parts, but I doubt stuff like valve springs, push rods, etc. are relevant in this situation.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
id try pulling the chip and reinstalling it then, i have read a couple posts where it caused it to shimmy and i know i had to reprogram mine once cause it developed a slight lope/cam like idle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts