Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 97 F250 4x4 7.3. It came from a grass farm where it sat most of the time for several years. It would run for a few miles then die out like running out of fuel on front tank. My neighbor put new CPS, fuel filter, two new glow plugs, new sending units in tanks, new fuel pump and blew lines out with compressed air. It runs much better and doesn't die but on hard acceleration it misses just a little, like a bad spark plug wire on a gas engine. I don't think he drained all the old farm diesel out as the rear gauge still reads way over full. BTW fuel gauge still doesn't read accurately. Thanks for any advice you can give.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Could be a sticky injector . Have you changed the oil and filter ? Get a bottle of injector cleaner , power service or howes .
You’ll probably want to rebuild the fuel bowl , diesel Orings.com sells a rebuild kit with detailed instructions. There is a strainer that plugs up in the fuel bowl you’ll want to look at while you rebuild the bowl .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
6,095 Posts
Does it have a tuner, what does your IPR connector look like, broken retaining tab, oily, etc..., good batteries and connections( at both ends of the cables)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil and filter were changed. I'll check oil level this morning. It does not have a tuner. It has brand new batteries. Where is the IPR and whatdoes it look like? I'll have a look. What brand injector cleaner do you recommend? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Oil and filter were changed. I'll check oil level this morning. It does not have a tuner. It has brand new batteries. Where is the IPR and whatdoes it look like? I'll have a look. What brand injector cleaner do you recommend? Thanks guys.

You could use power service, or howes . Both are good diesel fuel conditioners and injector nozzle cleaners .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oil level was full. Front gauge read almost empty so I tried putting some fuel in but it was still full. I'm going to have all the old fuel drained and pump in some fresh with some additive and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

I’ve got two of these on the service truck , one for “ clean fluid “ one for “dirty” , very useful. You might consider this for draining your fuel .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts