Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every sleeved a 6.0L before? I tried searching but found mostly 7.3's that were sleeved. Any reason that it can't be done on a 6.0L?

I have one damaged cylinder on my 6.0L, instead of buying a new block which seem to be hard to come by here without paying an arm and a leg, thought I would throw a sleeve in it instead.

Here is why the one cylinder is damaged:
6.0L Dropped Valve, WTF? - Powerstroke Nation

Got the head off, and there a 3 pretty good grooves in that cylinder, which was to be expected.

So lets here your stories, good or bad, with sleeving a 6.0L. While everything is apart, I'm planning on doing studs and delete the EGR.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
i know the international dt466 diesel has sleeves that are replacable the 6liter far as i know doesnt have sleeves you mean weld it up and hone it out machine shops can do this

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i dont see there being a problem with punching it up to .060 i believe, if you go any deeper you will have problems, if .060 will clean it up then you could punch it n sleeve it to a factory bore, maybe doug will chime in

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
It would have to be a custom sleeve. Our block wasn't designed like the 444E version of a 7.3L. You either have a custom sleeve made, or you bore it to the largest piston available.

Darton will make you anything you want. Just don't expect it to be cheap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would have to be a custom sleeve. Our block wasn't designed like the 444E version of a 7.3L. You either have a custom sleeve made, or you bore it to the largest piston available.

Darton will make you anything you want. Just don't expect it to be cheap.
Have you ran a motor with only 1 cylinder bored with an oversize piston? Or is that a bad idea and should do them all?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a good block but it's in Baltimore, Maryland. Shipping would kill you.
Yeah thats a little far.....

Anyone in Canada have a block/shortblock kicking around? Maybe I'll put a wanted add in the classifieds and see what I can find.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts