Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need thoughts on 52" sleeper install on back of my E450 cutaway. As the truck frame seems to flex alot, i'm planning on a three point mounting system, with a bearing block/shaft in the rear-center of the cab. Rigid (bolted together)connection between cabs. Sleepr Cab will sit a on a (2x2???) tube steel frame (to be constructed after your ideas applied). Maybe an air bag at ea. rear corner to dampen the sleeper rock.
Any ideas on concept, details, construction, materials? A bachelor for couple weeks while family away so need to get started quick so... your thoughts?

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
i got some pics somewhere of one we put on a crewcab f350, Just mounted it on the front of his flatbed and attached it to the cab with a camper top window pass thru gasket

Travis

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i'm lookin to let the frame float vs. the cab as the sleeper roof will be a lil taller than the truck cab so want to open it up. similar to a class b mtrhome.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Construct a hinged frame and bolt one side to the truck frame and the other to the sleeper with air bags and shocks opposite the hinge. I don't see how it could be more complex than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts