Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I were recently looking at trucks at the local dealerships and saw a truck with sinister diesel charge pipes, that apparently passed smog. Has anyone ever passed visual inspection in ca with aftermarket pipes? or any other aftermarket parts for that matter?

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
A buddy and I were recently looking at trucks at the local dealerships and saw a truck with sinister diesel charge pipes, that apparently passed smog. Has anyone ever passed visual inspection in ca with aftermarket pipes? or any other aftermarket parts for that matter?
I know a guy who has a Ford diesel truck with some aftermarket stuff on it, here in California. He passes his test every time.

I, myself, would of course never advocate for such illegal activities in our [once] great State, but I my friend does. Also, his smog guy has been doing inspections on all of his vehicles for 15+ years, so he's pretty familiar with his stuff. But he would never permit any such un-authorized equipment to be installed or used upon any highway-driven motor vehicle that he inspects. However, from time-to-time, he might miss seeing some minor detail on a diesel vehicle. And often times people will do modifications AFTER the vehicle gets inspected (and he has no control over that), but as long as it passes the PCM/computer check, and passes the "snap-throttle" smoke test, then it's all good...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 5 inch exhaust system with 4 inch down pipe. I pass SMOG quite easily. Note that my 2000 PSD did not come with CAT from factory, so that plays well for me. :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 5 inch exhaust system with 4 inch down pipe. I pass SMOG quite easily. Note that my 2000 PSD did not come with CAT from factory, so that plays well for me. :wink:
You're not playing on a level playing field :laugh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my truck never had a CAT from factory either and I installed a 4 in turbo back and passed smog easily lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts