Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running sinisters adjustable blue spring kit? This is the next DIY mod I plan on doing and I like the idea of it being adjustable in case I do future mods that will require more Fuel PSI. Product number below.

SD-FUELBLK-6.0-ADJ

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I've never even heard of it. Gonna have to check this out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a ford upgrade. If you order the parts from Sinister Diesel you will get a Ford parts kit sent to you. I didn't notice much of a change other than slight easier start when cold

·
Registered
543 Posts
This is a ford upgrade. If you order the parts from Sinister Diesel you will get a Ford parts kit sent to you. I didn't notice much of a change other than slight easier start when cold
not quite... they do have a kit that you can adjust the pressure with a screw to either increase or decrease the the PSI, they advertise it as this so as the spring wears down, you can keep cranking on it so you dont have to disconnect everything and instal a new one, their kit specifically has a Sinister billet plate.

IMO id rather do a regulated return, for the sinister kit you are paying 1/3 of a better kit and then also you can do the fuel bowl delete all together as long as you have an aftermarket fuel pump like an airdog or FASS system.

also to do a regulated return i would also recommend having an aftermarket fuel system, if you dont plan on major modifications then just go with the sinister kit with the adjustable set screw.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
or go OEM and skip the adjustable
i can't see the need for it ? I have had the OEM blue for years and FP is 60/70 depending on how cold the fuel is

then again I am a fan of the OEM fuel pump as well unless you have big injectors

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
Seems like a waste and overkill to me. You pop in a new OEM blue spring, and it’s good for years. If you really have the need to keep cranking that adjustment screw in, then you have bigger issues than a weak spring. 60-70 psi is more than enough for 95% of the guys out there driving these things. I don’t know if huge injectors even need more than that, but if they did, you’d have a small fortune invested in that truck, it would be most likely a dedicated track truck, with a big fuel system to support them, and the last thing you’d be doing is buying some cheap Sinister piece of crap and expecting it to do anything realistic.

Put in a factory blue spring, and never look back. If you get a pressure drop after that, then you have a weak pump, or it’s sucking air somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Seems like a waste and overkill to me. You pop in a new OEM blue spring, and it’s good for years. If you really have the need to keep cranking that adjustment screw in, then you have bigger issues than a weak spring. 60-70 psi is more than enough for 95% of the guys out there driving these things. I don’t know if huge injectors even need more than that, but if they did, you’d have a small fortune invested in that truck, it would be most likely a dedicated track truck, with a big fuel system to support them, and the last thing you’d be doing is buying some cheap Sinister piece of crap and expecting it to do anything realistic.

Put in a factory blue spring, and never look back. If you get a pressure drop after that, then you have a weak pump, or it’s sucking air somewhere.

well said, i have 190/100%'s but with a FASS system and i am pushing 85psi at idle and 70-75 driving and 70 WOT and this is with the 'blue spring' no regulated return yet. i dont see any benefit of the sinister kit other than it looks nice on the filter housing while being mostly covered up anyway... and if one is trying to crank up the PSI on fuel pressure, you might as well get regulated return due to it being the best bang for the buck IMO... we dont drive old 12v cummins where you can get a little more power and smoke show by cranking up the PSI on a fuel pressure regulator.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does anyone know if the Edge Insight CTS2 will monitor fuel pressure through OBDII or do you have to have an add on probe like the EGT monitoring ? I can't seem to find this answer on Edge website...

Thanks,
Dan

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
There is nothing in the factory system on these trucks that monitor fuel pressure. You’ll either need a mechanical gauge, or an electric sender that’ll screw into the test port on the base of the upper filter housing (one under the hood). I’ve never used the CTS2, but I’d imagine they sell the add on sender to read FP.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
Does anyone know if the Edge Insight CTS2 will monitor fuel pressure through OBDII or do you have to have an add on probe like the EGT monitoring ? I can't seem to find this answer on Edge website...

Thanks,
Dan
you would need a kit like this and a starter kit plus a thread adapter and maybe a short relocate line for the sender

EDGE EAS PRESSURE SENSOR 0-100 PSIG 1/8IN NPT – 98607

EDGE’S EAS PRESSURE SENSOR IS A 0 – 100 PSIG 1/8” NPT SENSOR THAT PLUGS DIRECTLY INTO THE UNIVERSAL SENSOR INPUT SYSTEM (P/N 98605). EDGE’S PRESSURE SENSOR COMES EQUIPPED WITH THE PROPER WIRES AND CONNECTORS TO PLUG RIGHT INTO THE UNIVERSAL SENSOR INPUT SYSTEM SAVING TIME AND MONEY ON CUTTING, SPLICING, AND CRIMPING WIRE TERMINALS TO CONNECT THE SENSOR. USE EDGE’S PRESSURE SENSOR TO MONITOR DATA SUCH AS BOOST PSI, FUEL RAIL PRESSURE, AIR BAG PRESSURE, LIFT PUMP PRESSURE, PRE AND POST INTERCOOLER PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. TOLERANCE: +-1.5% FULL SPAN OVER TEMPERATURE RANGE OF -20C TO 85C AND +-2.4% FULL SPAN OVER TEMPERATURE RANGE OF -40C TO 135C.

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
Don't forget the snubber either. It's cheap and will help from blowing up senders.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
I have not needed a snubber with the electric sender

the fuel psi is steady at the test port

it may be different if you use a filter cap with a threaded port at the top
since air can get in that area

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
I blew mine up in under 6 months but it was an isspro and not and edge. Mine is post filter. They said it was from the pulses from the injectors.

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
I’ve had a cheap Glowshift gauge and sender on mine for over 3years. Had the sender directly on the test port for a year with no issues. It’s since been moved up on my fuel pressure regulator in my reg return. I never expected this kind of life out of it, but it’s still working, and accurate (also have a Marshall mechanical gauge on the regulator to confirm), so why fix what ain’t broken.

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
Get sinister cap with port and CTS2. Add a pressure sensor in cap. I monitor mine. It helped me with treating algae. I would know how many times to truly change the fuel filters til I was all clear. I hover at 62 with blue spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts