Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eastwood has these one gallon kits of single stage urathane paints and clears. They are 110 dollars per gallon kit. I will be spraying my white truck because the paint is cracking up and flaking off the roof and hood. I plan on snding down all the flaking paint down to the factory primer and then spraying the paint then clear coating it. Have any of you used this kind of paint? just wandering if it is crap or if it will hold up? thank you
Jay

·
Registered
574 Posts
Never used Eastwoods brand but have used lots of PPG Concept. Out here in the AZ sun it's good for about 2-3 years then it's cooked. It's like anything. Pay cheap and weep. I try and tell everone to spend alittle more and get a good basecoat clearcoat system. After you factor in time and coverage. It's not much more and will last 3x longer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya what he said. Plus sanding down to fact primer won't work either. You need to feather flaking paint by DA sanding,prime then prep for paint or old paint will ring out or some call it map edging. Spend a lil more time and $ and be happy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts