Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i already have a aftermarket 4" exhaust on but ive always wanted a single black 7" stack in the bed...what im askin is how would i do it? Would i use a flex pipe, cut a hole in the bed and weld it to the bed? Not sure what to do here. Any replies would be great, thanks

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Get yourself a 7 inch stack, 5 to 4 adapter, 4 foot flex pipe get a couple band clamps. Contact Grand Rock for the upgraded clamp that bolts to the bed, no need to weld anything, get yourself a 4 inch hole saw to drill your hole from there you run the flex pipe from inside the bed down to your exhaust cut excess flex pipe as you go till you get a good tight fit.

This is how I did my single stack a while back. Wasnt hard at all for me. Less holes in my bed the better, I'll try and take some photos of it when I get a chance.

·
Registered
609 Posts
weld the stack and 4inch pipe to a plate w/ a hole in it. Cut a 4" hole in the bed. get a pice of 4" flex pipe. drill 4 holes in the plate to mount it to the bed. hope that came out right. the 4" welded on the bottom of the plate will prolly need a 90* at the bottom to then clamp to the flex pipe.

·
Registered
580 Posts
This was my set up with a single 6"

4" flex pipe (12") into a 4" elbow. 4" - 5" adapter with a 5" hole in the bed.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Squeak has the exact same set-up as me. See the clamp around the stack that is the best one you can get and wont break either. U really dont need the 90 cause I dont have that on mine. Either way works good call on the photos Squeak.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
curious how much that clamp cost?I have a chrome peterbilt one similar I did on mine cost me $10 bucks at a big rig chrome shop locally.Thats for 5in but they had up to 8in in stock.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think they are fairly overpriced, but I got all of my stuff used from bigrpower. It was on his burgandy truck.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot guys, this helped me out alot. Hopefully i can do this soon, maybe this summer. Thanks squeak for the pics and thanks to everyone else with there input!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Besides the price of the stack itself, one could probably do this for pretty dam cheap huh?

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Besides the price of the stack itself, one could probably do this for pretty dam cheap huh?
Yes, I will have about $150 dollars in mine that is including the stack. The way I am going to do it is to have a flat plate with a piece of 4" going down throw the bed and then a piece of 5" going up to the inlet of the stack. 4 holes in each corner of the plate and bolt her down to the bed. No need for a clamp and it is easy to remove the stack when not in use.

-French

·
Registered
536 Posts
Post pics when your done.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Yes, I will have about $150 dollars in mine that is including the stack. The way I am going to do it is to have a flat plate with a piece of 4" going down throw the bed and then a piece of 5" going up to the inlet of the stack. 4 holes in each corner of the plate and bolt her down to the bed. No need for a clamp and it is easy to remove the stack when not in use.

-French
Didn't Marty do this? He should have some pics floating around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts