Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last month or so I have been falling in love with single malts. I have tried several, but looking for more. The local liquor store (Specs) has a TON of different options, but I am wondering what you guys have tried and what you like.

So far I have had:

Glenfiddich 15 yr
Highland Park 12 yr
The Macallan 12 yr
Glenlivet 12
Bushmills 10

So far the HP & Macallan are my favorites. Im thinking of giving the Highland Park 21 yr a shot tonight since it won best single malt of the year in 2009.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
glenliviet 18 is very good. but my favorite distilery is the balvenie, they have many very good scotches

·
Registered
372 Posts
Macallan is the best I've drank(30 year old). I like Glenlevit as well. Heard good things about Johnny Walker blue label, but can't bring myself to give $200 for a bottle of scotch.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I will second the Balvenie. Their doublewood rocks. My favorite is 18 Year old Macallan. I like it better than the 21 year old Macallan.

·
Power by IH
184 Posts
Laphroaig 10 or 15 yr is really good stuff, very rich and peaty, nothing like most other single malts.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Laphroaig 10 or 15 yr is really good stuff, very rich and peaty, nothing like most other single malts.
Very good Islay, not may taste, but still very good.

·
West Bound and Down
1,115 Posts
I will second the Balvenie. Their doublewood rocks. My favorite is 18 Year old Macallan. I like it better than the 21 year old Macallan.

:whs:

I'm far from a connoisseur, but I got my intro into single malts with Macallan. I think that kind of spoiled me, as I'm sure there are others out there as good....just haven't strayed from Macallan's (any age), yet.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
:whs:

I'm far from a connoisseur, but I got my intro into single malts with Macallan. I think that kind of spoiled me, as I'm sure there are others out there as good....just haven't strayed from Macallan's (any age), yet.
One really nice thing about being in the industry I am. I actually get paid to drink. I get to taste a lot of high end stuff that I could never afford.

·
Registered
650 Posts
My doc's don't let me drink anymore but once in a while I'll sneak a dram of Lagavulin. The 16yr is really nice.

·
West Bound and Down
1,115 Posts
One really nice thing about being in the industry I am. I actually get paid to drink. I get to taste a lot of high end stuff that I could never afford.
Let me know when you need volunteer subjects. I can be very opinionated, when needed. ;)

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I will keep that in mind. Some times I am givin a bottle to take home and do extensive samples of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts