Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do a Single Exhaust Stack and was looking for some pics and experience from anyone who's done this on a 6.0. How does it sound? Loud? Drone? Muff/No Muff? Cat/No Cat? Pics?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
no cat. no muffler. sounds sweeeeeeeet!!!! Thats on a 7.3.

6.0 will probably sound even better. I dunno though never heard one straight piped in person. only on youtube.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
They sound alot like a jet getting ready for take off with a straight pipe! :D

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
all 7 inch single stacks, both 6.0 psd's, very loud, a lot of drone at cruising speeds. sounds freakin awesome

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all 7 inch single stacks, both 6.0 psd's, very loud, a lot of drone at cruising speeds. sounds freakin awesome

Very cool, thanks for the pics!!! I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to the drone on the highway but it's not my daily driver so I think I'll just deal with it. I debated between 6" and 7" and I think I've decided on 6". However, the 7" looks great. Keep the pics coming!

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6.0s with no cat or muffler sound sick with stacks or a single. Head turner at 4300 rpms for sure.
4300 RPMS!!! :eek: I have my Rev Limiter set at 4250 and on my Race tune it shifts at 4000RPM like clockwork. Should it Rev higher? Is it safe to Rev higher? I am already running no CAT but I am going to ditch the muffler too now when I do the stack. Thanks Logan!

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
4300 RPMS!!! :eek: I have my Rev Limiter set at 4250 and on my Race tune it shifts at 4000RPM like clockwork. Should it Rev higher? Is it safe to Rev higher? I am already running no CAT but I am going to ditch the muffler too now when I do the stack. Thanks Logan!
i know it is far far far from good
but i rode 45 miles in an '03 and the tach was buried
stuck in 3rd gear but tach buried

1 - 16 of 16 Posts