Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil leaking down the drivers side of the engine/trans bell cannot possibly be coming from within the valley, correct?

On further from the simple yes/no, the drain hole in the back of the block would take anything that's in the valley over to the passenger side and give the starter a bath... So I'm wondering where oil down the driver's side could be coming from. I just changed the pedestal out on this, and I don't know if it could be the crankcase breather, or if something new sprouted a gusher...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The big hpop oil gallery plug. It has a o-ring on them that can go bad.

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No pedestal leak, no gallery leak, but there's fresh wetness on the trans case about flush with the oil filter. I noticed my buddy didn't hook up that breather buut after only maybe 200 miles travel I don't see how that much could come out of a ccv breather. No drips on the ground amount, but things I degreased and were bone dry are now wet.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Oil rail plug on back end Infront of down pipe. Check that.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If the ccv isn't hooked up or open then I would start there. You'ld be surprised how much that thing can blow out. That's why when you route the hose in the reroute, you take it over the hydroboost/mastercylinder first so it will drain the oil back.

·
Registered
616 Posts
If the ccv isn't hooked up or open then I would start there. You'ld be surprised how much that thing can blow out. That's why when you route the hose in the reroute, you take it over the hydroboost/mastercylinder first so it will drain the oil back.
:whs:

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Mine seems to be doing some of that...
most of it turned out to be fuel ooking from the banjo bolt oring.
it blended with valley crude and was dark like oil.

Didnt help that i had a bad oil cooler oring for a bit and had extra grime nearby
but be sure and report what you find.the valley should be bone dry..from hpop to ebp area on the pedi.
including hpop lines. Icp..and fuel bowl.

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like the CCV was the culprit. It's hard to tell or imagine just looking at it at idle, but I could only imagine what's blowing out of there going down the road at a good rip pushing 20lbs of turbo.

Prior to properly attaching that vent I hit the side and back of the motor with degreaser. About 50 miles later there's no new wetness.

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would the o-rings you're talking about be under that triangular-ish 5" long 'apparatus' that the breather hose juts out of on the front end? I never considered what was under there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The CCV is mounted on the top back of the driver side valve cover. If you take it off there are o-rings in between the CCV box and the valve cover.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Aka dog house.
dieselorings has those what.
Usually they don't leak on thier own.
but if you ever take that thing off family is always leak afterwards it seems like.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
yes that would be the orings he is talking about under the triangularish apperatus their is two that would take some pretty good blow by to come out their though
No blowby needed just take one off any engine with even little to no blowby and reinstall with the o-rings that were on it lol. It will leak 95 percent of the time and make a huge mess in little time. Every one Ive ever taken off and reinstalled with the same o-rings leaked then the customer would see that he needs to buy new ones and not reuse the old.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yep, I put RTV on mine when I put it back on.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Or Dont take the doghouse off and no leak.
If you use a box wrench on the bolt near it you dont have to mess with that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.