Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Give Matt at Gearhead a call. I hear he does single position chips for somewhere around that price. You will still retain your stock tuning (takes about five seconds to pull a chip. Your truck will stay in your possession and will not be down. If you ever want to try a different tune, you just jerk the chip out and sent it back to him.
he wants $400 for a single position...i just cant afford that at the moment

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Talk to DP-Tuner. DP Tuner and see. I paid $75 for a flash on my PCM. Here is how it worked. I got the PCM code, he sent me a programmed PCM for what I had. Tried it for 10 days. After that, send it back if you don't like it for a refund or keep it and send back your old PCM.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yep, for that money, buy a 4 or 6 position chip.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yep, for that money, buy a 4 or 6 position chip.
For a little more, buy a 16 position chip that can be reprogrammed WITHOUT having to remove it or buy your own burner.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
The only time I woudl have my PCM flashed for a tune other than stock would be when/if you go to single shot injectors. Having a near stock level tune for them so if the chip goes bad /needs to be sent out you still have a functioning truck. Other than that if you have stock sticks keep a stock tune on the PCM and get a chip. With it being on your PCM if the egts get to hot for what you are doing you are stuck with it, need to send it into the shop, etc..

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The only time I woudl have my PCM flashed for a tune other than stock would be when/if you go to single shot injectors. Having a near stock level tune for them so if the chip goes bad /needs to be sent out you still have a functioning truck. Other than that if you have stock sticks keep a stock tune on the PCM and get a chip. With it being on your PCM if the egts get to hot for what you are doing you are stuck with it, need to send it into the shop, etc..
All true. That is why I did what I did. Test the PCM for 2 weeks and beat the hell out of it and see if it gets hot. Obviously, after I found I liked it, I kept it. A while later, when I got the bug, I bought the F series chip and set the PCM back to stock.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts