Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is my sig (a pile of text) as distracting as a huge pic?

BTW. your sig pic you have is just fine. Thanks.
I don't think I don't even think Tanks is bad. I think it just the guys that have a huge pic of there truck that takes the whole screen and slow loading the page down

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Is my sig (a pile of text) as distracting as a huge pic? I would have to think all those HQ pics take up more server space than a few lines of text as well.

BTW. your sig pic you have is just fine. Thanks.
I like your sig,..simple and to the point.

My question was.....what is the end goal for the site,...is having to scroll further an issue,...or is it the pic?

Because a lot of members have sigs(pile of text),...that is the same size as a 969 x 214 pic

Now if you have a 700 x 150 pic AND text,....that is still gonna be huge

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
The issue is site speed, page load times, bandwidt, etc.
If Sigs only show once per person per page....there's less info to load so page loads are faster.
The less pics....or smaller pics...gain....faster site.

·
Stimulated
1,430 Posts
Mine's good... I think :poke:

I got b!tched at on one of the crown vic sites for having a sig pic that was like 15 pixels over and I had one too many lines of text.

The big sig pics on here never really bothered me though, because they only show up on peoples first post in a thread anyway.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
The issue is site speed, page load times, bandwidt, etc.
If Sigs only show once per person per page....there's less info to load so page loads are faster.
The less pics....or smaller pics...gain....faster site.
That makes sense,...now we know the reason.....

I'm glad my sig is good already

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
for the people that are whining about slow internet and load up times..there is a simple feature in User CP to disable signatures..meaning everyone..

this is being made very difficult..

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
for the people that are whining about slow internet and load up times..there is a simple feature in User CP to disable signatures..meaning everyone..

yup...way too much whimpering about something that can be easily turned off.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts

I concur, but there are two sides to that. IE: Luke likes to keep sigs on so he can see what the people have done to their truck to help them.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I just don't see what the big friggen deal is..The whole thing seems to come from Luke posting about this on .ORG and now its over here... I personally don't see it as a problem. A simple fix is either turn it off, or don't allow pictures in signatures.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts