Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been thinking of gettin rid of my stacks an runnin the exhaust out in front of the rear tire. i know this has been beaten to death but i was just looking for some honest opinions on it. ive heard all the stories of it turrnin the wheel black and the tire gets oily and the bed gets a lil black but ive also heard otherwise and of people never having a problem with it. How far out should it go to still look good but enough to push the soot away from the truck. ive seen pics and i think it looks sharp. jus lookin for some opinions or ideas. thanks in advance guys

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
i ran one for a while and didnt have a problem with it. it turned the bed black, no different from what it does to the bumper now.

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts
If I was going to do it, the tip would come out to there it is even with the curve in the lower body, at a 45 degree angle andthe tip would be rotated on it's side, so when you look from above, the slash cut in the tip is parallel to the body...if that makes any sense.

But get rid of the stacks, they are retarded unless there's a sanctioning reason for them, and spit that cope out of your mouth while you still have teeth, lips, and gums...it's disgusting and will give you reason to get a new less redneck user name.

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I was going to do it, the tip would come out to there it is even with the curve in the lower body, at a 45 degree angle andthe tip would be rotated on it's side, so when you look from above, the slash cut in the tip is parallel to the body...if that makes any sense.

But get rid of the stacks, they are retarded unless there's a sanctioning reason for them, and spit that cope out of your mouth while you still have teeth, lips, and gums...it's disgusting and will give you reason to get a new less redneck user name.
i love my cope jus as much as my redneck name lol dentist still says i have great teeth. as far as cutting the tip at an angle what is the best way to cut it for the exhaust to flow away from the truck more? im not planning on running a smoke tune or anything and the truck doesnt smoke much as it is

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man I side exhaust for a while... It was down tube with flex pipe to straight pipe with a tip like y'all r talkin about.... If there's no 90 degree turns in it... It will be so loud u won't be able to handle it... I'm 20 years old and it was to loud for me.... But it looks SICK!!!!!! just my opinion...

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im wantin to loose the stacks lol. i dont mind loud but how loud we talkin? louder than the stacks im runnin now?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also this will most likley be temporary until i can get a full exhaust.

·
Woman Driver
235 Posts
trade your stacks for my back-half?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where ya located at

·
Woman Driver
235 Posts
Little Rock, Ar

·
Woman Driver
235 Posts
Any pics of your stacks?

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ive had all 3 systems and the loudest I thought was the stacks. The best sounding is the single stack. The out the side is cool, but I just dont think it looks right.

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive had all 3 systems and the loudest I thought was the stacks. The best sounding is the single stack. The out the side is cool, but I just dont think it looks right.
what was your all around favorite as far as sound and looks

·
Registered
266 Posts
I get alot more attention with the stacks, but atm im running the single 6inch and love the way it sounds, pretty damn loud when you get on it.

·
One man wolf pack
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah im jus lookin to get away from the stacks and the attention lol

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
i had it done that way when i took my duals off. i had it rigged up with some parts i had left over from the duals. now i run a single stack the the stack (6 inch) is alot quiter in the cab.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts