Buy or Build

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i want to finish out the exhaust system... from the turbo back. right now i have factory piping to the last 3 feet which is just a 4" 45* elbow and a 3 foot piece of 4" pipe.

i am wanting to do the 4" down pipe and 5" <just for the sound. possibly adding a muffler. but this is the option i cant figure out...

buy the 4" dp, build the rest with pieces from work, 5" flexpipe, straight pipe, home make up some hangers, adapter, etc. SIDE exit, in front of the tire.

buy the complete system for probably 2X the price MBRP and add on my tip, and have it in the factory location.

my Add kicks in when ever i try to decide... so you guys do it! :poke: lol

Current location...
thanks!

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts
I had my factory straight pipe coming out before the tire an it was really loud in cab.

My 5" i have now is quieter in cab an sounds way better.

So i would have to go factory location..

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine dumps over the rear axle, no exit....... the turbo is LOUD like that but I get compliments on it... The truck is 2k miles away right now but I'll get some pics soon....

Near the cab might be too loud, and like Chimera said...... soot will cover the side of your truck..... out back may be the way to go

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
a friend has a 2000 ccsb & has it b4 rear tire. to me it sounds like a john deer tractor. more tractor then diesel... it is wayy louder b4 the tire then he had it out stock location. when i get mine i will do duals out the rear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts