Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching on the forum and havent been able to find a pic yet. I am thinking of putting a side exhaust exiting in front or the rear wheel on my cclb wondering if anybody has seen it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stacks are better ;) I've seen it, done it, and think 4 inch out the back with a sweet tip does the job right. If you want an even better tone do a 5 inch system, no cat/muffler. I was 17 and on a budget at one point too, but its so much easier to do the exhaust once and correctly

·
Registered
129 Posts
did mine out the side in front of wheel about 2 ft.,, and with my lift, i sorta feel sorry for any car/driver next to me. kinda loud, and heaven forbid i should sputter anything on them. it was an easy mod. and looks cool with the rectangular slant chrome tip just nipping out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. Im torn between a stack or a full exhaust. I've herd having a stack drones real bad and also makes ur truck bed real dirty. anyone have experience with that?

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Stacks are a love or hate thing. You have to love them in order to tolerate them. I know TONS of people that have gotten stacks and then gone back to a normal exhaust. I like to have the most use possible out of my truck so a stack was out of the question. My exhaust runs before the tire and I LOVE it. If I were you I would get a 3 inch DP from Complete Performance (vendor and countryboyrob is one of their reps) then get the adapter and piping and weld it up before the tire nice, strong, and tight. Just my .02

·
Registered
246 Posts
probably will once i do my 38 gal . tank....

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Im torn between a stack or a full exhaust. I've herd having a stack drones real bad and also makes ur truck bed real dirty. anyone have experience with that?
I've been in trucks with dual stacks, single stack and one with a hood stack.....never found the drone people talk about......must be a dodge thing.

Stacks are a love or hate thing. You have to love them in order to tolerate them. I know TONS of people that have gotten stacks and then gone back to a normal exhaust. I like to have the most use possible out of my truck so a stack was out of the question. My exhaust runs before the tire and I LOVE it. If I were you I would get a 3 inch DP from Complete Performance (vendor and countryboyrob is one of their reps) then get the adapter and piping and weld it up before the tire nice, strong, and tight. Just my .02
Thanks for the plug.

·
<--Blue Slut
116 Posts
None of the Fords I've ridden in with stacks drone at all.. yet every Dodge with one is irritating as all get out. And it only gets your bed dirty if you're blowin smoke ALL the time or when ya start it up after a little rain and it blows black crap all over the place..

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
not a close up, but you can see the side turndown. Ive gone to the back now since the wheel got cleaned all the time....

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a 5inch side exhaust. It looks sick IMO, main thing is, if you dont wash your truck (or atleast the RR wheel haha) all the time, dont do it. That is, unless you have it turn down like "mandkole" did to his. Mine is miter cut on the end and then turned so that it looks like a Ford Lightening exhaust, and its nearly flush with the bed. I wish I could find pics but I cant, and the truck is in Atlanta right now.

Everything was custom done and ceramic coated black. Word of advice, do it yourself or have a local exhaust shop do it. I had Chrome Depot in Ohio do it, ship it to Orlando ($300+) then paid another $200 to have it modified and installed in Orlando. Wish I wouldnt have done that. But ya, a nice one can be done for prob $250ish.

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
I got the complete turbo back kit from Diamond Eye. Turns out you can make it come out in front of the wheel and it looks pretty good. Im the only truck around my part that ive seen with it like that. And yes you defently have to wash your wheel ALL the time! Unless you have black wheels, then you cant tell as much.

·
Registered
433 Posts
did this for kicks. hey ricer boy i can put that on my truck too.LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Here are a few of mine before and after paint.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Seen it on my truck and a few others on this site, some might not be on a cc but its still the same.
Come on Rob, you could at least post a pic or 2.

This was an old 4x4 IDI dually we saw at Cabelas-

·
Registered
433 Posts

[/QUOTE]

Very nice truck..........

·
Whites Diesel Performance
388 Posts
If you keep water out of your stacks it wont cause soot to spray everywhere. Mine i drilled a small 3/8" hole to allow water to drain when it rains. Side exit before the tire i dont like because that right rear tire gets COVERED in soot after a week of driving.

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Mine that a buddy and I finished up today...

·
Registered
702 Posts

Very nice truck..........[/QUOTE] Thanks, a labor of love.

If you keep water out of your stacks it wont cause soot to spray everywhere. Mine i drilled a small 3/8" hole to allow water to drain when it rains. Side exit before the tire i dont like because that right rear tire gets COVERED in soot after a week of driving.
Yes, my wheels do get sooted up. I will say this I have moved mine out around 6", closer to my before paint pic. It makes a lot of difference as it will blow out and past the wheel, instead of right on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts