Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

My 2006. 6.0 shudders or slightly cuts out when at highway speeds in overdrive. It isn't terrible bad, almost feels like you are just hitting bumps in the road. It does not do this under acceleration. Any ideas? Other than that, it runs quite well after warmup.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
You have one or more failing injectors (from stiction). A scan tool will be helpful in pinpoint which one(s).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. I read the codes and it showed a #2 and #7 contribution fault. Thought it may be somewhere easier to fix.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
unfortunately not. Use motorcraft injectors only if you are staying stock.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I get a slight studder....almost a vibration (was starting to think I had a driveshaft or tire out if balance, and still might) once the truck gets into over drive, converter locks up and start to accelerate up a slight grade that ups boost. Does this sound at all like stiction?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
mine was worst with about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle with about 10 psi of boost in overdrive. It was a distinctive 'jerk'.

·
Registered
97 Posts
mine was worst with about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle with about 10 psi of boost in overdrive. It was a distinctive 'jerk'.
Mine also occurs around 8-12lbs boost but not a jerk at all more a vibration feel.

Think I'm gonna have the driveshaft rebuilt, rebalance tires and put in new carrier bearings before I go chasing injectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts