Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Made this thing myself.. Pretty happy with the outcome so I thought I'd share

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whoops! Can a mod relocate this to general aftermarket!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And just to be clear the mesh grille is not wavy that's jut the way the photos was taken. It's 16 guage stainless no way it's warping

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have put the metal behind the grille surround, but then again you're probably hiding a bunch of ugly cuts.. Get back to your head studs
Lmao! Yeah it started as an XL grille so plenty of cutting was involved, ugly? Not so much. I was going for an RBP style grille sooooo. I really should have done the studs today but I'm drinking beer watching the game instead, next weekend I guess.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
looks sweet..love the emblem too...are them snaps for a winter bra?

I did almost the same thing only went on the inside..when a bird hit the IC and bent some fins I decided to do something about it...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks sweet..love the emblem too...are them snaps for a winter bra?

I did almost the same thing only went on the inside..when a bird hit the IC and bent some fins I decided to do something about it...

Looks good! No the snaps are just my attempt at a rugged look I guess (RPB style)

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
Looks good! No the snaps are just my attempt at a rugged look I guess (RPB style)
thanks...

i did mean snaps..i thought they where a screw with a snap head on it for a bra..its what came in the bra kit for the big truck i drive .now looking at the first picture a little closer i can see what you used..even a better look . how did you do the emblem?? i take it its the same color of the truck?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I sanded an old emblem agjake gave me and color matched it. The original ford writing stuck out just enough for me to have some black vinyl writing made so I covered it with that.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad you guys like it. It was a pain in the ass to get everything lined up perfectly

·
Registered
878 Posts
Looks good but I'd went with a smaller more subdued bolt to attach it with, those are too big and detract from what you did there........nice custom and damn sure not $800 like another grill I know..........

·
Registered
174 Posts
So did you use the mesh bumper inserts off eBay and attach to close grille or what? If not where did you get your mesh and rectangular piece from that houses the mesh

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had them fabricated. Bought the mesh from CPI

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts