Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts
Nice thread! Several really clean 7.3's!!!! Makes me want to go clean mine asap!! haha All I have done so far is polish out the IC pipes.... Much more work to do!!!!

Painted my intercooler pipes the other day.

Not done yet but here is a current pic.

Powdercoating was the nature of my question. Looks great.

Still dirty, but it's better than it was.

Nate should post one of his "lightning" it only won best looking under the hood at TS!!!!

I think we should get this thread Rollin again Ill post mine in a couple days. But I'm sure there's some guys an gals out there that love opening your hood to show off that spotless dressed up 7.3 LETS SEE THEM!

Hi all, new here, followed a link from an image search. My truck had been non-operational and unregistered for the better part of 3 years when I finally got a new alternator and batteries and decided to do a little cleanup. It had mold on the sides and wasp nests in the door jambs and under the hood when I started working on it about a week ago, here's what it looks like under the hood now. It's far from impressive, but it's a 15 year old truck, and this is the first time I've cleaned under the hood, so you can imagine what it looked like before (regretting not taking 'before' pictures):

The whole project started when I needed to take the battery box out to modify it to fit Optima RedTops. All I had to do was make the left hole square like the right one is, by cutting the plastic with those heavy duty medical scissors. Thought I might as well clean up the parts around it, too:

-----
2000 F-250 XLT Super Cab, 6 speed manual, K&N, RedTops, MB Quart Q-series mids/tweeters, 18" Turbosound (concert) subwoofer, Rockford Fosgate amps

Installed:

You can see what it looked like before in this picture that shows the other half of the intake hose that I haven't cleaned:

No mold any more! I took the grill off to refurbish it, and I like the way it looks with it off. I think I'm going to trim out the mounts for the old grill and put a simple grate painted black just to protect the fins:

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.