Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'm wanting to relocate or remove my passenger side battery on my 04 superduty and looking to see what everyone else did. I either want to get one big battery on the drivers side, two batteries, or relocate the second one to the frame rail or something. Show me your set ups with specs! Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not quite done yet.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You did a great job on it!!!! I am going to do a dual under the pass side on the frame.

·
Registered
408 Posts
How much will you charge for one of these?
If I could have at least 5 people lined up who would want one, I could get a quote together. To do one it just takes way too long. If I had 5 people wanting one, I could kind of justify doing a run of 10, and have the pieces laser cut, and cnc bent. Thats the only way to make it affordable. I have a couple laser cutters and form shops I use on a regular basis.

·
Registered
408 Posts
let us know! Love how clean it is
I think that area would be the same thru 07 trucks? or newer even? Id have to be able to cover a large year range to make sense. If anyone knows, please PM me, so the OP can get his thread back on track!

Sorry for the total derail of the original thread!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Two Optima's under the bed on the passengers side.

One small 600 cca on the drivers side to run the water injection.

Plenty of room on the passengers side for other items of interest if this is your intention.

Any better pix of the battery box? That's kinda the same thought I'm thinking. Any issues with road debris getting on top of the batteries? What did you use to make the box? Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I took the factory battery mount from the driver side and made a rectangle large enough to fit the stock batteries in. I added on additional support that goes over to the inner fender area. Once I test fitted it, I pulled it out and powdercoated the whole thing black.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took the factory battery mount from the driver side and made a rectangle large enough to fit the stock batteries in. I added on additional support that goes over to the inner fender area. Once I test fitted it, I pulled it out and powdercoated the whole thing black.
I'm liking how simple your box is.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I used 1" x 1" angle to build the box and then used another piece with the "v" pointing down to attack the box to the factory bracket. It flexed a little when rocking side to side so I put another small piece with the "v" pointing down at a 90*angle to the first (longer one). That made it more ridgid. The little kicker that bolts to the inner fender locked it down solid. I placed the kicker where an existing bracket had been. Already had the nutplates there and reused the bolts. Make sure you space it out enough so the battery will clear the pcm plugs.

·
biostroke1
217 Posts
Here is my setup:
Here's my winter project. Dual OPTIMA group 31 yellow tops. The box has been modified to fit over a 50 gal fuel cell (saddle tank) in the bed. I picked up 0/4 awg wire I salvaged off a Kenworth at a local junk yard. Ill run a hot to the engine compartment to a junction box and another to the starter. The tank is mounted bet not hooked up yet. Waiting for warmer weather. Ill post more pics then. http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y511/brianspics74/6AE342F9-7EF7-4A79-BC04-46096B419915-703-000000296D82955D.jpg
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y511/brianspics74/F68E08F4-1ADB-4D90-9936-6AACF1F476EC-703-0000002961AD5A98.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts