Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mean Green
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently put ARP studs, egr delete, 4 inch ehaust and an SCT X3 tuner with innovative diesel street tune and im only doing about 30 lbs boost at WOT. and that just doesnt seem right but i may be wrong. Anybody else doin more than me with the same mods?

·
Bowhunting Freak!
386 Posts
That sounds about right.Is the tune old? Eric writes them for stock studs and gaskets. Call him and tell him you got studs and he should be able to write you a new one. Can push more boost, but your numbers sound about right to me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
mine pushes about 22-24 at WOT. The truck got a new turbo when its was about a year old and when ford replaced it they reprogrammed the truck so it wasnt pushing as much boost. Before that happened it was pushing about 36

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
30psi dont sound too bad stock trucks usually make 22-24ish

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
depends on what eric has the boost set to do in the tune

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
My 06 Studs,egr delete and Erics tunes 28-30 psi Was normal,If you were pulling a hill with the converter locked somtimes it would go higher....And Eric is known for making more power with less boost on 6.0!

·
Mean Green
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 06 Studs,egr delete and Erics tunes 28-30 psi Was normal,If you were pulling a hill with the converter locked somtimes it would go higher....And Eric is known for making more power with less boost on 6.0!
Yea i as impressed with the drag tune he made for me:bowfast:.... i was doin mid 13s at the strip.. im very pleased with everything. and i really liked the way it shifted too

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
On a stock turbo...To much boost and it is like pulling a pin on a grenade. 30-33 is pretty good above that I would watch for dents in the hood

·
Sponsor w/out Blue name
1,503 Posts
lol mine has been close to 40.. wasn't paying attention and it was when i was ignorant about my truck. blew my intercooler, suprised it didnt do worse. but now it safely pushes about 30-35.. 03 turbo idk if that makes a difference

·
Registered
706 Posts
lol mine has been close to 40.. wasn't paying attention and it was when i was ignorant about my truck. blew my intercooler, suprised it didnt do worse. but now it safely pushes about 30-35.. 03 turbo idk if that makes a difference
The 03 turbos are a different animal, they have the loudest whiste on any 6 liter, could be the reason it also pushes more boost, too much boost is deadly for 6 liters even with head studs, pushing over 40 you will soon see engine parts sticking through the hood, 30 boost is good, 35 boost is high, 40 boost start taking out your wallet :)

·
PA 6.0 PS
185 Posts
I have been pulling my truck throughout the summer and I do some pretty heavy hauling with it too. (03 6.0) At times, when pulling I will launch the truck at about 18-20 lbs. and I have seen 40+ psi down the track. Turbo does have some work done to it and running Matt's Tunes. Nevertheless, I too had a FICM problem couple years back and waffled my stock IC. Went with a Hypermax now. I can see 30-35lbs. no problem. My two cents.

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
On stock tuning with my stock turbo I got to 28-29 at the most. With the race tune in it would go to 31. Sometimes it would hit 32 with a trailer behind it but thats the most I've seen with a stock turbo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts