Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i have a 2005 f250 powermax sct with vivan tunes air dog banjo bolts egr deleted but its not studded lariat interior 120 thousand miles no problems and this guy is wanting to trade me a 04 ext cab 6.0 6 speed air dog sct with idp tunes south bend clutch its studded and egr delete with all the updates it has 160 thousand miles i dont know if i should trade or not i want a 6 speed though im gonna try too keep my powermax should it be even up or what?

(black trucks mine)

·
Diesel junkie!!!
613 Posts
Judging by looks, keep what you have. Just my opinion, but once you have a crew cab I bet you will hate the extra cab.

·
Registered
372 Posts
You need a couple thousand cash along with it just cause you're tradin' a crew for an x-cab.

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but its studded mine is not i have no problem with "puking" though my truck runs top notch

·
Registered
591 Posts
05 with less miles and crew cab is not straight up for studded ex cab 04 with 40k more miles

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im gonna keep mine it just needs tinted windows ha

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much boot should i ask for?

·
Registered
591 Posts
i agree. keep your truck and stud it when the time comes.

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just want a 6 speed but what you guys think the two trucks are worth

·
Registered
591 Posts
the 04 also a lariat?

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah both lariat

·
Registered
591 Posts
stock for stock NADA show roughly 5K difference between them. being studded could make up for some of the difference but being that studs run 3K out the door id be looking for 3-4K since things like it being studded doesnt make it bulletproof.

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so what would yall say cash price for both would be just and idea

·
Registered
591 Posts
13-14K vs 17-18K +/- 1 K each depending on the buyer due to some mods.

but all depends on market and buyer really. you need to gauge where he thinks his truck is at and go from there really.

·
Registered
591 Posts
i gave about 13.5K for my truck cash at a small dealer in june. its a 04 ccsb and had 169K on it and was stock basically. i know the mods ive done since then really wont change the value to much unless its the right buyer. a dealer or nada doesnt care that it may have the newer front end and dash or other preventative maintenance but the right person would.

you have to look at the things about the 05 that they improved. Dash, front end, turning radius, overall ride, brakes, electronic options etc etc. if anything is the 6 speed worth that much to you and does he know that? ive thought about buying a 05-07 thats already studded but then i think about it and it makes more sense to keep my and do the work to it.

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i understand i paid 12k for mine from the orginal owner i still got the orginal window sticker all the mantiance and papers from when it was bought still had the exhaust and cat before i got it had a hpop and oil cooler put it at like 70k

·
Registered
591 Posts
yea i understand i paid 12k for mine from the orginal owner i still got the orginal window sticker all the mantiance and papers from when it was bought still had the exhaust and cat before i got it had a hpop and oil cooler put it at like 70k
if thats the case ill give ya 12k for it haha

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ill pass man haha i dont wanna sell it unless its for a 6.4 and than id have too think about it i like the 04 the guy is trying too trade me but im trying to go up in years beside down i had a 96 dodge 3500 4x4 5speed i had tons of motor work hitting 60 psi fully built motor sold it for 12,200 dollars that thing was like a race car i wanted something newer and i bought my truck for 12 from my neighbor didnt do bad i dont think

·
Registered
591 Posts
you got a steal. id keep it and if you really want to go newer then de mod it some (PMax etc) and then trade it in on a 6.4

1 - 20 of 32 Posts