Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at selling my 04 F250 ccsb 4x4 bulletproofed 6.0L. 133k Miles. Not sure if I should keep it or Sell and buy a new one. How long will this motor last? Its been bulletproofed since 114k. Is it worth keeping this truck? It runs great and has no issuses. I want a New Cummins, but enjoy the fact I know this truck already gets great MPG without deletes. My main concern is how much longer will this thing last. Am I on borrowed time? Thinking I should have just done a Cummins Swap now. Opinions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Studs, Gaskets, Oil Cooler, Deletes, Tuner, Exhaust, Etc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I sell it I'll go new!

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
No such thing as bulletproof 6.0. That's like using a band-aid to patch a flat tire.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
No such thing as bulletproof 6.0. That's like using a band-aid to patch a flat tire.
Wow I surely hope your joking.
OP- if your truck is bulletproof I would just keep it I thought about the exact thing with min but everytime I go right back to wanting to keep it. I love my 05 I always think what happens if I buy a 6.4 and I happen to get a lemon? Mise well keep the dimond you know what I mean?

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
I swear I'll pistol whip the next motherscratcher who says bulletproof.

Bulletproof 6.0 is an oxymoron. Look it up. There's probably a picture of a six leaker in the definition.
Bulletproof :postwhore2:

mines been done and has had zero issues :eek:

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Wow I surely hope your joking.
OP- if your truck is bulletproof I would just keep it I thought about the exact thing with min but everytime I go right back to wanting to keep it. I love my 05 I always think what happens if I buy a 6.4 and I happen to get a lemon? Mise well keep the dimond you know what I mean?

Agreed. With those improvement, they are just as reliable as a 7.3 if not more so

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I own a 7.3 and have heard nothing but negatives about the 6.0. If you decide to sell get a 7.3 IMO. The work done to your 6.0 that you listed would remove it from the POS stock 6.0 list and would have made that motor a totally different machine and more reliable. You have basically avoided all known future problems with that motor. IMO keep the modded 6.0 Its hardly broken in with those miles. Goodluck with your decision man.

·
Black Gold
570 Posts
bet its not Air Strike Proof

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I would so Own a 6.0 truck that has been modded the RIGHT way. But I am not really a SD fan. I like my OBSs

·
PSN Local
137 Posts
I would say definitely stick with the 6.0.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts