Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
also doing the sinister egr delete kit ? what will the push rods do for me my ford tech said there a wast of money ? any other suggestions while the cab is off would be appreciated thanks :dfpsn:

·
Registered
250 Posts
people have bent rods. Reason enough to change them. They are a cheap part. It won't take any extra time or money to install them now.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A lot of mechanics well tell you they aren't necessary unless you're doing valve spring upgrades. Sure people have bent push rods. People have also broken connecting rods, cracked pistons, among other things... Is it going to cost more to drop them in, no.... Do you need them... Eh.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Considering Craig has made 890 horsepower on fuel and 1,088 horsepower with nitrous with on a stock motor, I believe he has the grounds to make that statement. You should take your negativity to a different forum section.
i wasnt negativity. in terms of reliability,its not a bad idea. what 6.4 with a big tune,doesnt have high drive pressure? every 6.4 i pull apart with big tunes,including your tune(310) has decent damage. (cracked heads,bent valves,bent pushrods).its par for the cause.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for all the info !! still not sure but its another 450 with the 4000 i did not have ?
Are you done adding hp to your truck? If not, you may not need them now, but will eventually. It'll probably cost more to replace them later anyway. Given that I would do it now. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would skip the rods and do the Batmowheel. 40 plus hp for $400 and they it cleans up the haze that you get with the bigger tunes like the 250 and up.
-Mike

·
Registered
917 Posts
i wasnt negativity. in terms of reliability,its not a bad idea. what 6.4 with a big tune,doesnt have high drive pressure? every 6.4 i pull apart with big tunes,including your tune(310) has decent damage. (cracked heads,bent valves,bent pushrods).its par for the cause.
Any of ours with the Bullseye turbos on them

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
Mine runs a perfect 1:1 ratio at WOT and on dyno runs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just had my studs installed (H11's) and chromemoly pushrods along with upgraded springs, may not be needed but it just makes me feel better.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I don't have drive pressure problems. Drive at peak boost is 1:1. Even with the batmowheel and Elite 71mm upgrade, drive to boost ratio at peak boost is 1:1. Plenty of people are seeing these numbers. Testing has proven this. I have 75-100 passes on a stock motor at around 600 HP with no wastegate. No problems as of yet. Truck has 122,000 miles on it.

Cracked heads are common on the 6.4, but I rarely hear about damaged valvetrain parts. Not with stock fuel anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts