·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i think it is that stuff...what affects will it have on the engine?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also whats your opinion on the truck in general?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
I had a buddy who had bad cavitation issues that he blamed on the green coolant. I am willing to bet it wasnt the coolant that burned air holes in the cylinder walls. But he swears on it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where can i get an oasis check? on the vin 1FTNW21P94EA64073 ?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i do pull the trigger on it, it will be changed out after the 900mile drive when i get back..it will be flush several times.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
click on the oasis forum tab and post there

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
PSN doesn't do OASIS reports anymore. Just call the Ford dealer or drive to one. Give em the VIN and they can run it right then and there. Only takes a min or two. I'd deff. get an OASIS before I bought a TMU.

Other than that, the truck looks like it is in good shape.

·
Beer Hauler
37 Posts
Yeah, Agreed with whats said, definitely get an OASIS report. its an early 2004 and the driver seat looks like its pretty rough, funny how the picture from ther drivers side has the door so "nicely" in the way of the driver seat bottom, but from the pass side pic, you can see a different story..what else are the pictures skipping over?......my 04 Lariat has 73k miles on it and the driver seat bottom doesn't even look like I sit in it. I'm not completely dis-counting the truck, but knowing more about mileage and repair history never hurts......as for green coolant, I've read and been told "green" coolant is dangerous if its mixed in w/the Ford premium gold, as long as it was completely flushed first, then filled w/green, then you'd be OK......the gold however has better lubricity and working heat range/tolerance. :ford:..hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
717 Posts
In fords 6.0 class they said it doesnt matter which coolant you run in it. just never mix them. if you mix them the coolant thickens up and can not pass threw the oil cooler. the 6.0 coolant flows at 75 gallons per min threw those tiny passages in the cooler

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigRig, I agree with you, Im doing an Oasis check today I seen the seat bottom in the pic. Honestly though, the seat having wear could be due to alot of different variables, my buddy wore his lower seat cushin out befor 60k, he was a bigger guy 300lbs. So there are a few variables that plays into that. I had a member who lives near the truck and he offered to go check it out for me, luckly he seems to know 6 ohs. Hassler i agree with you on the coolant mixing. You cant mix the two different ones bc they will turn to jelly if you doand clog everything.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats the difference about early 04 and late 04? early 04 have alot of issues?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the oasis...in service date was 10/16/2003 the truck has had these items replaced:
#6 injector
module repro
Ipr
and the last one on history turbo Oil drain tube @77800 miles on 12/18/2007

what you think?

Chancey

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
any more input guys?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know that the older coolant additive would turn the Ford gold coolant green. So the coolant is probably fine.

I can tell you that my 05 leather seats look great and my bro-in-laws 05 seats look terrible. We both have 56K on our trucks.

I think it's pretty damned good deal.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys im gonna make my decision my tonight weither im gon buy it or not

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I did. About 30 min ago. Proud nervous owner of a 6 uhoh. Naw, I hope she is gonna be a good truck to haul my lil girl and wife around in. I WILL try to keep this one down to a full egr delete from gogo and exhaust possibly an intake if i can find one i like and leave it alone!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts