Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to replace my old Edge/Juice combo with a PHP Hydra.

I have had the Edge/Juice for several years and I don't think it has been working for a while, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the lowest and highest "Extreme" settings.

I don't really have any way of knowing if the current Edge/Juice combo has programmed the PCM.

Do you think that I should take the PCM in and have it flashed at the Ford dealership prior to installing the chip?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Probably wouldn't hurt. Never know what the stupid edge thing did. Also you'll get the newest update which could be good depending on how long it's been and what climate the truck was in before you bought it. Different climates will have a different stock tune.

·
Registered
243 Posts
How much is it to get the PCM reflashed? My truck was originally from Texas and I wouldn't mind getting it reflashed for up here.

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And can I just pull my pcm and take it in to the dealer?

How long should it take the dealer to perform the flash? Seems like it should only take a short time, it is called a "Flash:!

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called my local Ford dealer and the told me;
  1. The pcm MUST be still be installed in the vehicle.
  2. It would cost $131.
  3. It would take about an hour to do.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
The chip overrides anything on the PCM so it's pointless imo
But if the edge programmed something to it and he happened to put the chip in bypass mode for whatever reason it would read the edge program.

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the chip will totally override the pcm (other than in bypass mode) I will not bother with a reflash.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Yup... 100% waste of time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just put that thing in already!

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree! Dang work and my wakeboard boat (another "Zipper Effect" project) keep getting in the way!

Hopefully by Saturday at the latest.

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
ok but what if your pcm has a tune on it an you have no idea what it is an your going to have a custom chip done for you custom truck? flash or no flash?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
The chip will override anything on the PCM. No need to flash.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.