Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an 05 king ranch today with 136,000 miles. The no.2 piston is scored but I can get it for under 10,000 I think. The body is in great condition(white/tan) and my friend will rebuild the motor with studs, egr delete and injectors for 5k. Would make a great farm truck I think. Thoughts? Deal or not?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
there is a place out of ten. that is selling rebuilt 6.0s with arps and other stuff for 4000.....with a 12 month unlimited mile warranty

·
Registered
507 Posts
add a oilcooler delete, i had the same mods, everthing was good there i just blew a oil cooler 30,000 miles later, buy it if anything you will get ur money out of it again parting it out

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Im sure you could have one built with oem gaskets......

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
True
I wish the google search turned up more info
even a google map turns up a house i think ?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
did you try to call them?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I would buy it at the very least you could fix it and flip it... If your friend is going to do all that work I would rather give a buddy money to fix it than someone you don't know...

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Well typically his buddy won't be halfway accross the country... But usually if a friend does the work than he will stand by it (I know that is not always the case)

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
Tough call
but parts fail just like the on going Headgeasket discussion
should your buddy fix that ?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Tough call
but parts fail just like the on going Headgeasket discussion
should your buddy fix that ?
I was torn with my latest repair. My good friend did the work with the parts I supplied him, so when the gaskets failed, I ate it, didnt even mention it to him, because its not his problem. now if I had bought this engine and it had a stated warranty, you bet your but I would have them fix it.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
Thats what I am talking about right there

tough spot to be in for sure You want to help a buddy but at what cost

·
Registered
673 Posts
If it is clean I would buy it..

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thats what I am talking about right there

tough spot to be in for sure You want to help a buddy but at what cost
I agree with this, but I would buy the truck, pull an OASIS report on it to check other history first.. That trucks books for $20k-$24k,.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
I think it has potential also but for a Farm truck???
I am no farmer so I may be clueless but it seems like a nice truck to run Fields in ??

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If the truck has a motor that needs rebuilt it is only worth about $8k tops. I wouldn't buy it for a farm truck unless I could get it for $5k. $10 is way too high.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts