Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing a UVCH couple days ago and decided to run the motor with the VC off to see if that fixed the miss I was having.

Is this amount of oil vapor normal? Milage on the motor is unknown, being as it's a '95 model and the truck is a '97.

Just wondering if I need to bump my plans to rebuild it up or not...

Thanks.

7.3L Powerstroke Running Without Valve Covers - YouTube

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That looks pretty excessive. Couple of things to check, First check to see if your CCV is blocked off possibly? Second do the old oil fill cap trick by taking the oil cap off and putting it on the fill hole upside down. If it blows off you have a issue, If it just rattles off its normal.

How many miles are on the motor?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That looks pretty excessive. Couple of things to check, First check to see if your CCV is blocked off possibly? Second do the old oil fill cap trick by taking the oil cap off and putting it on the fill hole upside down. If it blows off you have a issue, If it just rattles off its normal.

How many miles are on the motor?
CCV is clean and clear and the truck passes the oil fill cap test.

:shrug:

Milage on the motor is unknown. PO told me 180K but I call BS...

I bought the truck planning on rebuilding the motor, but hadn't really planned on getting that done until fall.

Maybe I should get off my butt and finally rig up my compression tester and see whats going on...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts