Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SD NEWB
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im in napa and looking for a trusted place to order and install a lower pillar with pyro/boost and trans temp gauge. Looking to get some isspro ev2 gauges. any recommendations would be apppreciated

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You can just do them yourself, 3 hours taking your time and doing a good job.

·
SD NEWB
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? thought it would be more time consuming. in that case

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
all will come with directions but the basic walkthrough is:
trans has a port on the side for a temp probe.
remove your air intake heater and get a plug from any company. i think riffraff has one that a boost gauge hose fitting will screw directly into.

pyro/egt is the hardest but still easy as long as you take your time. have to drill and tap the driverside exhaust manifold. the cast iron is fairly soft so its not hard just take your time. dont go around reading to put grease on the bit or do it with the truck running. don't use a magnet or vaccuum it out. wasting time doing that. as long as you go slow the shavings will fall out until the very end and that small amount of shavings isn't going to hurt anything. when you tap it just be careful that the threads go correct. just take your time on this and don't rush and you will be fine. it sounds hard but its not

·
SD NEWB
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I have the all isspro ev2 trans temp 100-280, pyrometer 0-1600 and boost pressure 0-40 psi. Also got the aih delete plug taped. And last but not least got the autometer under dash gauge mount. I think I need the drill bit and tap. Anything else I need to order?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Get the drill but and tap from the auto part store if you don't have a drill bit already because you'll need to read the directions on the gauges for the drill bit and tap sizes. Sounds like you got everything though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts