Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new shocks to go along the carli springs i added to my truck.

my choices right now are:
Fox performance 2.0
Bilstein 5100
Bilstein 5160
maybe 7100????

whats yalls thoughts...

thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you've got the cash buy the Fox shocks. That or I'd personally got with King shocks. That's probably my plan for this coming summer

·
Registered
692 Posts
The Fox Performance line is to compete with 5100 and 5150s. They're a superior product than the German made stuff IMO. I'd go with those. The ICON VS series should be thrown in there too IMO as they are some of the trickest budget shocks I've ever seen.

·
Registered
475 Posts
We use Bilstien 5100 on most trucks we build, but are working with Fox to change over to there shock's as a everyday install type shock. We've been using the Fox 2.5 smooth body and 2.5 coilover's in some of the bigger truck builds and had great support from Fox on these trucks. Bilstien 5100 are a very nice shock for the money and the ride is great. We do stock most Bilstien 5100's for the Ford's and Dodge's if you need help getting them.

Sean

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.....i am just in the pricing stages now but i want to make the right decision when i finally decide.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Bilsteins ride rough go icon vs or fox. I'm doing icon vs piggy backs all they way around because the bilsteins are so rough.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do yall think about the icon vs 2.0???? they are priced good

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man!!!! those kings look sweet under there......i gotta clear some more land where i can just get those!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anyone tell me the difference in the Fox Factory series 2.0 shocks and the Fox Performance series 2.0 shocks?

It seems that the Factory series are more expensive and i want to make sure i get the right ones for my truck!!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Get the #5160's.....

·
Vendor
158 Posts
What matters more than brand and size of shock is the valving. An off the shelf $500 a piece King 2.5 remote resi shock won't ride much better than a Bilstein 5100 if the valving isn't right.

Think of a shock as a tuner without any software. Some look cooler than others and some have nifty ideas and features but it it the tuning that makes one perform the best to the customer.

Since the OP is looking for shocks to go with his Carli coils I would look at one of the Carli shock packages like the new BackCountry shocks. Although they are Bilstein 5160 remote reservoirs they are built to Sage Carli's valving specs as well as specific extended and compressed lengths. The valving is the key.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts