Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
If you have snow and they use salt to de-ice your roads, then put the boots on.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I live in Utah lots of snow and salt. Didn't put shock boots on. Ran shocks for 2 years and they were no good. I don't like boots so I never put em on. Would
Rather replace than run with em.

·
Chachi
237 Posts
if you want to make them last put boots on them, u need to protect it from getting it all gunky

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why not put them on. They dont cause any problems.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not put them on. They dont cause any problems.
The shocks I bought didn't come with them. You have to buy them separately. So I was curious if I really need them. Factory steering stabilizers don't have anything on them to protect them. They seem to hold up just fine :confused:

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts
I have heard just the opposite, most people say leave em off cause they collect dirt and water and junk and rust worse.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have heard just the opposite, most people say leave em off cause they collect dirt and water and junk and rust worse.
x2 this is why i wont run them on the my offroad trucks...

·
Registered
877 Posts
This is what I've been told by all the major suspension companies especially living in the south. It sounds like it's hit or miss either way. From a cosmetic point of view I think they look like chit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts