Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one upload a pic of where u put the bb becuse noing me ill put it somewheree its not supose to go and i will be out of a truck

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
on the side of the regulartor. pull plug(19mm) pull out spring and triangle piece. put BB inside metal triagle piece replace spring and install.

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
on the side of the regulartor. pull plug(19mm) pull out spring and triangle piece. put BB inside metal triagle piece replace spring and install.
For the average person, how long does it take to do this and what kind of effect does it have? I have a 96 Powerstroke with E40D, 3" DP, 4" Straight, Tymar intake and SC 1705.

·
Registered
129 Posts
it takes like 2 seconds look for the biggest bolt ''19 mm'' on the driver side of the fuel bowl its brass. un bolt it and use needle nose pliers to get the spring and the triangle piece out. i used a magnet it made things simple and i didnt drop anything. put the bb in the triangle piece put the spring back in the triangle piece and put it all back together. it makes the go peedle a little snappier to me it increases fuel pressure but you dont want to go over a certain psi i dont recall what it is but im sure somebody can chime in for me. to check it though there is a valve on the side of the fuel bowl for the poor mans way you can use a tire gauge while is running to check your fuel pressure. anybody help me out on the save zone psi levels on the fpr shim? i want to say you dont want to go over 70 psi but dont mark my words.:ford:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
:whs:

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
A 4-40 allen head bolt works better as I recall.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
:whs:
A 4-40 allen head bolt works better as I recall.
I have done it both ways and thought the screw was best. Currently I don't have anything in there, I think it does cause some extra wear on the fuel pump. I will be going to electric fuel soon. IIRC you will not gain anything over 65psi....except unneeded work for your fuel pump.

·
Registered
69 Posts
im running two bbs right now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts