Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs in here or in aftermarket..

Shimming the fitting with a 3/16 spacer behind the spring in the fuel regulator. This is located on the right hand side of the fuel filter. You will see a 3/4 brass nut there. The spring is inside there. Shimming will raise the fuel pressure and often give you a worthwhile increase in power and no one that I can recall has reported higher fuel consumption.

Adding fuel pressure gauge:

Something else to do is to buy a fuel pressure gauge out of JEG's and just have it permanently attached all the time. You can unscrew the schrader valve and just screw in a fuel pressure gauge. You can buy them for up to 100-160 psi.

·
Registered
267 Posts
worthless mod unless your spring is worn out. They make a stuffer spring so you dont have to shim the factory spring. The spring will maintain fuel pressure on wide open runs.
Get a Regulated return and adjust pressure and be done. You dont need a 100-160 psi gauge as you wont be over 75 psi either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did that mod to mine and I hadn't even checked the fuel pressure. I later checked it and it was at 100 pounds so I undid it and it runs at 65.

·
Registered
91 Posts
worthless mod unless your spring is worn out. They make a stuffer spring so you dont have to shim the factory spring. The spring will maintain fuel pressure on wide open runs.
Get a Regulated return and adjust pressure and be done. You dont need a 100-160 psi gauge as you wont be over 75 psi either.
Who is they? And where can I get this stiffer spring?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Ive seen them on ebay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts