Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Xmas I had stage 1 swamps injectors put in. (Which work great) now when ever I'm in it a bit, if it shifts above 2500 Rpms, it feels like the power plateus for a brief moment then, bang into the next gear.

Shifts smooth as can be under 2500. Tunes are from swamps, my last set of tunes was from php.

Any ideas?

I do a lot of highway driving so it isn't really a big deal for now, but would like to get it resolved so I don't brake something if I forget to ease into the throttle

·
Registered
959 Posts
The faster trannys shift gears, the more they like it. If its just a fast hard shift.. I wouldn't be too worried . If it seems to hesitate to shift and then bangs into gear.. I wouldn't want to run those tunes. Just my opinion

·
Registered
857 Posts
maybe try a bts valve body

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Put an upgraded valve body in it. BTS or JW. Really makes a difference.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pan gasket needs to be changed, pardon my lack of trans knowledge, is valve body accessible with pan off? Straight forward change?

I ended up getting a new ts chip ( diesel shop said php tunes are burned on a different format) I had contemplated sending that one back to k&t to have tunes burned for the single shot stage ones.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Yes, drain pan, remove pan, remove filter, remove VB, and reverse it. instructions will have torque specs for you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called tuner yesterday, left msg today too. Wasn't sure if they were closed a few days for the holidays. Was kinda antsy so I posted here. I just wanted to try to be informed when I talk to him.

Was just reading on swamps site that their tunes have added line pressure. They say if it shifts to hard they can burn without added lp. Don't really have any experience with this. Wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence, and something in trans is going. Odd how it only happens above 2500d

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Was just reading on swamps site that their tunes have added line pressure. They say if it shifts to hard they can burn without added lp. Don't really have any experience with this. Wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence, and something in trans is going. Odd how it only happens above 2500
Because thats when the tunes are calling for more line pressure ....

·
dkrajcovic
164 Posts

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Called tuner yesterday, left msg today too. Wasn't sure if they were closed a few days for the holidays. Was kinda antsy so I posted here. I just wanted to try to be informed when I talk to him.

Was just reading on swamps site that their tunes have added line pressure. They say if it shifts to hard they can burn without added lp. Don't really have any experience with this. Wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence, and something in trans is going. Odd how it only happens above 2500d
Once you have the VB in, you may need to have the additional line pressure taken out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
talked to the shop this morning, he said he can put scanner n gauges on it and run it up the road. Just gotta make time to get down there.

So I'm hoping too much line pressure , spent enuf this xmas

Thanks for the valve body instructions. Sounds easy enough

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Problem is if they take out the line pressure, it may drag out the shifts too much. An upgraded VB allows for firm, fast shifts. Tuners increase line pressure to try and do this but the VB is the best way to go. Nothing against the tuner, its all they can do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
FYI Swamps is on vacation until Monday. I am waiting for them to get back from vacation and build my stage 2's , chip, and IDM.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
easy tune tweak most likely..though valve bodies seem to help
swamps know there stuff give them a call. every truck is a tad different.
some need a little extra care.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts