Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty good, even full of air. Started on the 4th crank. I was sure the H2E down pipe was 4". Nope 3.5. Already jerked out the stock exhaust. Need a 3.5' to 4" adapter. This thing is LOUD going down the road with only a downpipe. Even louder when I jump on the throttle. Turbo is almost as loud as the exhaust.

I am not as quick as I used to be. Took me three long days, sticks, studs, springs, and a turbo. I was honestly thinking it would be one long day and one short day.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hurry up!!!!!

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Yeah it always seems to take longer with these trucks than you think it is going to. I am in the process of pulling my engine back out again.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
your sig is out of date:poke::ford:
we'll need vid's of how she runs!
btw I quit trying to get sh!t done as fast as everyone else- I'll never win at that game, I'm just happy I have the ability to work on my own stuff

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your sig is out of date:poke::ford:
we'll need vid's of how she runs!
btw I quit trying to get sh!t done as fast as everyone else- I'll never win at that game, I'm just happy I have the ability to work on my own stuff
Fixed the sig. Giving her a workout tomorrow, going to pick up two pallets of sod.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have sore places in places that I forgot I had.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy #### Andy since when did you start madding your truck?!?!?! geuss I was out longer than I thought!
Friday evening, right after I got off work.

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
about time you got that damn thing running, I thought you wouldnt have it done before christmas:poke:

Congrats on gettin it running though:ford:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congrats!!! Would like to know how you like your set-up.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,346 Posts
congrats Andy...she dont feel like the old E99 any more does she?? what sticks did you put in??

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A set of 238's. Don't really know any more about them.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,346 Posts
nice...thats what im looking for for my early bird...them or 250's... i want the 500HP mark running my 38R... im glad you posted your work..i know now im going to pull the motor to do this work...while its out ill have rods worked as well.
thanks for keeping us posted...and congrats on getting it done...

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Congrats on the nice job! I've got the parts ordered to do the same thing over the next couple of weeks. I'm doing studs, springs, pushrods, 250/100's, Adrenaline, 6.0 trans cooler, new radiator, fan clutch and up pipes. My topside creeper just got delivered but I am still not looking forward to laying my 40+ year old arse across the engine bay for this install. If you dont mind, I may need to pick your brain if I get stuck.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Glad its running man, and I told you it would take longer than the time you thought .You did alot all at once.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the nice job! I've got the parts ordered to do the same thing over the next couple of weeks. I'm doing studs, springs, pushrods, 250/100's, Adrenaline, 6.0 trans cooler, new radiator, fan clutch and up pipes. My topside creeper just got delivered but I am still not looking forward to laying my 40+ year old arse across the engine bay for this install. If you dont mind, I may need to pick your brain if I get stuck.
Not a problem. Block off a lot of time for it.

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Not a problem. Block off a lot of time for it.
Yea, I'm taking a couple of weeks off, but the wife is on me to get our pool house built before she hosts some hen party next month.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts